Triggering

Ashton's POV

I woke up suddenly from a dream about the crash. My heart was beating wildly in my chest and sweat was dripping down my forehead. Glancing at the time I gasped seeing it had been at least a half hour since my alarm should have went off. Running over to my closet I pulled out a purple shirt and a thin black jacket. Lauren must've woke up before me and went to her room, because my bed was empty and cleared of wrappers and crumbs.

Bless her.

I quickly changed before I went over to the mirror trying to fix my curly hair.

I'm not going to have time to straighten it.

I glared at my dull disgusting reflection before shoving my glasses on to my pale and tired looking face.

Socks. I can't find my socks.

I pulled drawers open and quickly slammed them when I didn't see any socks inside.

Hamper.

Running over to my clothes hamper I started pulling dirty clothes out. Finding some socks I put them on grimacing when I realized they don't match, I glanced around my room inwardly groaning at the mess I had made. With a shrug I grabbed my shoes and ran downstairs for breakfast.

My father was standing over the stove with a cigarette in his mouth, pushing what smelled like eggs around with a spatula.

"Come 'ere son," he grumbled blowing smoke out of the corner of his mouth. I cautiously made my way over to him, shivering when he glanced at me.

"Where'd you go last night with your sister?" He asked taking the cigarette out of his mouth.

"Nowhere," I mumbled looking at the eggs that were starting to turn crispy right before my father slipped them on a plate.

"Don't lie to me boy," he barked turning towards me,"Where did you go?"

"I said nowhere," I grumbled.

He glared at me before grabbing my arm yanking my sleeve up.

"Tell me or I'll burn you," he said holding his still lit cigarette over my pale skin.

"We went to the grocery store to buy some things because she started her period."

His eyes flared with doubt before darkening once again. I watched in horror as he put the cigarette to my skin. I clenched my teeth in pain letting out a rather loud growl as my skin revealed a dark red orange when he pulled the cigarette back.

"Don't lie to me," he said handing me the plate of eggs along with the fork.

I took my food to the table slowly eating it as I looked at my burn marks. There were plenty of them now healed, but I stared at the newest one in fascination. The skin was brunt and red and it's sickening how much I'm intrigued by something that has been there one too many times before.

I finished up my eggs and set the dish in the sink. Grabbing my keys off the counter I made my way to the front door only to be stopped by my dad. He wreaked of smoke and a tinge of alcohol but that's pretty much his natural aroma. He probably sweats vodka.

"Have a good day at school son," he said planting a kiss on my head before he opened the front door for me.

•°•°•°•°•

When I got to school I had this sinking feeling that today was going to be worse than it normally was. There were giggles, and whispers and I was being pointed at. I felt very self conscious, and pulled my hood onto my head, while I quickly walked to my locker.