Ashton's POV

"Ashton please wake up please," I heard a shaky voice say.

"Lauren," I grumbled.

"Ashton please," she whimpered.

I sat up trying to look at my eleven year old sister. Grumbling I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock that beamed 11:09 in it's fluorescent glowing red glare.

"I'm bleeding," she hiccuped as she started to cry.

"Oh sweetheart," I chuckled knowing exactly what she meant.

I switched on the lamp that was sitting on my nightstand and looked down at the bottom parts of her pajamas that were smeared with blood, right where I thought it would be.

"It's okay come here Lauren," I said standing up and opening my arms, which she quickly fell into.

She was hiccuping and her tears were wetting the front of my shirt, but that didn't matter. I guess I should've prepared for this day, knowing it would come soon. This is what happens when there's only one girl in the house, with two guy's who don't talk about girls and their 'problems'.

"How about you go change, make sure to tuck some toilet paper in the front of some clean underwear, and I'll change your sheets?" I whispered softly pecking her forehead. She went off to do as she was told, as I changed, walking into her bedroom and stripping the bed of her sheets. I pulled a new pack of bedsheets off the top of shelf in Lauren's closet. Quickly changing them while throwing the dirty ones aside for me to clean later.

Lauren came out of the main bathroom in sweatpants, and a tie dye t-shirt, her hair was pulled up in a messy bun, and she had dark circles under her eyes.

"Here," I said handing her a pair of fuzzy socks and nike sandals that I picked up off the floor of her room.

"What are we doing?" she asked looking slightly confused, as I walked across the hall to my room to grab a pair of shoes.

"I'll explain in the car, but right now we need to get downstairs without waking up dad, okay?"

She nodded, and I turned off all the lights upstairs, making sure to grab her hand as we silently made our way down the stairs, past our dads closed door. We stopped and listened for any noise that would tell us he's up, but all we heard was snoring, and the sound of the tv he had in his room.

I let go of Lauren's hand, and grabbed the keys to my beat up truck. Silently sneaking out of the door slipping into my truck before heading off to the twenty four hour minimart about twenty minutes away.

I make sure to turn on the headlights before cruising down the road. Two years ago my mom got into a car accident bringing me back from the skate park. A drunk driver had been driving down the incorrect lane without their headlights on and crashed into us. She died on impact and I was left with some minor injuries. I guess that's why my dad treats me the way he does. I don't think he'll ever forgive me for it and judging by the way he treats me, he hasn't even considered it. Everything is my fault anyway.

Lauren let out a little cough grabbing my attention.

"Are you going to explain what's happening?" She asked me.

"You're becoming a queen," I said looking over at her, smiling when seeing she was giggling.

"A queen?" She asked.

"Right now you're just a princess, and princesses get this thing called a period," I responded,"And from hearing the girls at my school who moan and groan about it I'm assuming periods are a bitch."

"Bitch?"

"Don't repeat that word Lauren it's bad, anyway the period is making you grow, it's helping you transition from being a pretty princess to a magnificent queen," I explained.

"You're silly Ashton," she said with a smile.

"Thank you," I winked.

We finally arrived at the minimart getting out of my truck. The wind whipped our hair in and out of our faces as we ran into the store for shelter from the harsh wind. Immediately warm air hit our cheeks and the smell of the deli's delicious baked chicken came with it.

"Okay, I know you aren't an idiot but I need to make sure you know what pads and tampons are, so do you?" I asked.

"No," she glared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't have to say it so loud," she whispered.

"Chill you undeveloped child," I laughed as she slapped me. We went over to the feminine product isle, and I started wheeling the cart down the isle but stopped when I noticed Lauren not following.

"What are you doing?" I asked turning around and staring at her seeing her at the entrance of the isle.

"I don't want to go down there and check that stuff out with you, it's awkward, you're my brother," she said looking at the other women who were browsing stuff.

"Fine, you go get anything you can find that you want, and bring it back to the cart," I said with a hesitant smile. She nodded and ran off as I went farther down the isle and started looking at pads, grabbing some midol for teens off the shelf. I was browsing certain types of pads, when an old lady no older than 83 came by. She stopped and looked at me smiling sweetly as I blushed,"You must be a very caring boyfriend."

I blushed, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"You're gonna be one hell of a husband some day, your girlfriend is a lucky lady, having you to go out and get her necessities," she smiled.

"Oh sorry ma'am but I'm gay, I'm just getting this stuff for my sister," I stated.

Her face turned into a look of disgust and horror,"Fags and their kinks."

"Excuse you, you old bat, fuck you. You should get your crusty dusty ass up out of here, obviously someone needs a diaper change, you should go take your mothball smelling self somewhere else. To think you have the audacity to say that to me, your shit stank, bitch bye." I said grabbing some pads with wings and setting them in the cart. The old lady stood there with her wide ass mouth open.

"You might want to close your trap before your dentures fall out," I shouted running off down the isle, and jumping on the cart riding it until I had to stop and push it again.

Lauren came over to the cart, and dumped lots of shit in,"Are we done?"

I nodded my head, and we went to the self checkout.

•°•°•°•

When we arrived home I motioned for her to be quiet. Quickly running upstairs into my room as quietly as we could. I checked the clock that now read 12:42. I dug through the bags and took the pads out along with the midol, handing them to Lauren.

Hesitantly she took them and went to the bathroom, as I unpacked the rest of the stuff.

She soon returned, turning off the lights when seeing I had turned the tv on to a Family Guy marathon. We cuddled under my comforter eating our food.

I closed my eyes and thought about random stuff as I heard Peter in the background along with the sound of my sister reaching her hand into the chip bag. Sometime during my little thinking episode I fell asleep peaceful and content for the first time in months.