Ch 31: Cute Like a Puppy and Sexy like Wildcat

Start from the beginning

Jeremy laughed as Scotty joined us with a look of surprise, "Wulf are you growing a hear-"

"Merchandise just shouldn't fucking talk."

The shook their heads at me. Scotty looking a bit disappointed, "its time like this where I remember you really are your fathers son Wulf."

I froze. My teeth gnashing, "Im not him Scotty you fuckin know that."

He sighed, "psyche is nature and nurture Wulf you cant just decided that you are nothing like him and its not your fault that you are."

I looked at him oddly, "what this fuck are you talking about."

"Ask Vega what she thinks of human trafficking next time you see her. Maybe that will make you understand."

~~

"Hey peaches?"

Vega looked up from her freshly done claws, small smile on her face, "whats up angel face?"

I shrugged off my shirt, "how do you feel about human trafficking?"

I watched her carefully as she turned a sickly pale, "jesus Wulf what the hell is wrong with you, who asks a question like that?!"

I frowned, "just answer."

"Isnt it obvious? How would you like to be kidnapped and sold against your will for god knows what? To be raped and beaten. People are not things you can buy and people who think they are, are the most disgusting human beings on the planet and ugh! It give me the creeps just thinking about thinking about it!"

I watched her as she shivered in disgust.

Even Scotty and Jeremy looked faintly disgusted when we worked with human trafficking.

"Why did you ask Wulf?"

"No reason."

Her eyes narrowed. "You don't see a problem with it do you?"

Like hell I was going to tell her that, she would cut my dick off.

A soft sight broke through the silence, "of course you wouldn't you probably grew up with it constantly around. Its probably normal to you." She walked over to where I say and straddled me, hands cupping my face. "Think of anyone you care about, someone you cant even imagine being without. And if you don't have someone you care that much about think of the next best thing."

I nodded.

"Now think of them taken from you in the dead of night. Think of them being treated like something akin to garbage, think of all the horrors they would face. And you would be helpless to do anything about it."

My hands balled into fists.

"Whoever they are would probably cry for you every night. Wulf whoever you are keeping has someone too."

I stared at her for a long moment, "I'm not-"

"You are Beowulf, don't lie to me, not now not when I'm putting my faith in you for once." Her forehead pressed against mine, "not when I know I should be punching you in the face and running out the door but am here holding you instead."

I ran my fingers through her hair, "Vega..."

"I'm not asking you to change anything Wulf I'm just the girl you sleep with, personal things is significant other territory. I'm just telling you I would like to at least believe that the man next to me at night, the one who holds me closely and somehow manages to make me laugh during sex, thought about what he was doing. I want to be able to fool myself into thinking I'm not having sex with a man who is blatantly disregards human life."

I breathed in her sent, roses with a tinge of motor oil from all the work she does on her own bike. Vega was a good woman.

I liked her.

A lot more than my father.

She was cute like a puppy and sexy like wildcat. 

And the sex.

The mind-blowing sex.

Well good thing I'm only loyal to myself.

I slid my hands up her thighs, "you know, there has been some strange shit going on at the docks in storage house 6."

She blinked at me. "Wha-"

I kissed her slowly, "Listen peaches. I have to get a shower be good okay?"

She slid off me watching in confusion as I walked into the bathroom.

"oh and Hawaii?"

"yeah?"

"remember, I'm just an innocent bystander, I was just taking a walk on the docs and looking out at the ocean when I heard something strange."