Overcoming the Challenges

Start from the beginning

"Ciel, we need to talk. It's time for you to know everything." He propped me down to bed before he rang the bell and Tanaka entered along with Mey-Rin who brought in our food placing them in front of me. She bowed her head which I returned and thanking her and Tanaka. Then they left. It's only me and Sebastian now. This set up is making me nervous. Shit what is it this time? 

I silently ate my food as Sebastian took a sip of his wine. Then he sighed and looked at me. 

"You deserve to know everything my beloved. So let start. The moment I set my eyes on the woman lying on the operating room, I know that she is the one carrying my life mate. So I never went away. I waited patiently for her to beg and call for someone to her aid. I know that she is already dying as I can see the strings of life coming out of her one by one. I took the opportunity when she started pleading, that's where the contract between me and your mother starts. I know that was selfish on my part to take the contract thing on her, because even if she doesn't sign it with her blood and soul you will still be mine no matter what. After you being brought to this world, I was the one looking out for your well being for 6 months. I took that time as well to find a suitable place for you to stay. I never thought that place where I left you would cause you so much pain and for that I am sorry. Though I may be there with you all the time, I still have let you feel pain and sorrow. You know it pains me how I cannot just show up and shove everyone out of the way who caused you all that misery, but then I was also to blamed. The contract between me and your mother was off when you reached the age of 13. That was the time that I let you fend for your own, let you really experience the world. Although I am keeping myself at a distance,still coming to your aid when needed. I know you'll hate me for this, but you deserve to know. I killed those scumbags who tried to lay a finger on you. One by one I let them bleed to death, making sure that they rot here in hell. " I was left speechless at his revelation although I knew some of those part he just blurted out from the lady in the inn it still shocked me. I never knew he was this possessive and ruthless. I see the other side of him.. The colossal beast and mighty demon who spares nobody when something of his is being targeted.. I took them all in giving out a sigh and mumbled "Ok, please continue Sebastian and leave nothing more."

"The life mate is someone whom we higher up demons can only have. Lower entities from ourselves can't have that. Since we are more capable and they are not. Once a demon finds their life mate, they do everything within their power to protect. That is to say to kill without holding back. Anyone who tries to pursue a life mate of a demon is brought down on his knees. It doesn't matter if he is even a higher demon -- he is sentenced to his death and he wont be able to reincarnate ever again. Our life mate is only one, there is no one else. It takes a life time for most of to find our life mate --since we all have the time in our hands. In my part, it took me eons to find you. But I never regretted the day I set my eyes on you. I am willing to give everything , even my own life.. I cannot guarantee that there will no killings or attacks, because there are really some who still wishes to grab someone's life mate away. The ritual we made is sealed for eternity that is true, but can be revoked when our life mate chooses to abandon us. During the ritual and exchange of blood my beloved, you are already dead to the world. I have reincarnated you, thus now you are also a demon. Remember when you bathe? That is my blood, along with the dragon's of hell and water from the river of Styx. So yes this goes out to be your second life --no let me rephrase that one .. You're REBORN. " 

"W-what did you just say Sebastian? I am dead and reborn?! You are kidding are you?", I suddenly dropped my knife and fork when Sebastian told me that I have died. I can't believe my ears. When he said that I have been reborn, I almost slipped from where I was sitting. This is too much for me to succumb. Every bit of information he released is too much. I look at him and by the looks of it, he was not kidding me. I ran my fingers through my hair, "Fuck, I can't believe this is all happening.." Now I am crying. I felt Sebastian's arms wrapped around me and bringing me closer to him. I tugged his shirt and pounded his chest so hard while I was sobbing like an infant. 

"Hush my beloved, you need to die in order to become immortal. You just didn't know how afraid I was when I learned that it was part of the process. I was so scared that I might actually be loosing you. I have a lot of what if's forming in my head. What if you don't make it? What if you'll really stay dead and wont be reborn? What if the ritual fails? What will happen if I lost you in the process? Fuck, I was scared shitless for the first time in my life. I have never felt too much anxiety and fear gnawing inside me. The part where you have to die is what scares me the most. Being a Great Demon in the Underworld didn't help me cover the fear that I felt. Because in all honesty, I really don't know what I will do if you die. I'd probably kill that damn oracle. I don't care. If you died, I will really blow Hell up."

I know he wasn't joking when Sebastian said all that. He really is a scary demon. If I were just some normal personnel under him I would cringe in fear. I am afraid of him, believe me. He is one entity I don't want to mess with. I look up at him, his eyes were far away as if he's deep in thoughts. I touched his face, he is mine and I wont let anyone come between us. 

 Sebastian looked at me and smiled still holding me in his arms said, "Remember this my beloved, you will be having a hard time above. The adjustment to living as a normal person would be hitting you like a tidal wave. The sun will not be able to scorched your skin though. You will discover your own ability when you will sense trouble. Remember also the bond we have. Only life mates can speak through mind link. That's what we did earlier and I am glad that you were able to do so in a short span of time. You're a natural psychic though, it helps. Also please stay away from that professor of yours. I can sense something in him. I still cannot decipher what it is but he reeks of decay. I hope you understand. I will be with you though so don't worry. This time I can walk with you above, although not everyone can see me. Only those who are psychic or medium or demon can see me. " Then Sebastian cupped Ciel's face and gave him a kiss which his beloved gladly returned. 

"Sebastian, about my professor.. That day when I was inside his office, I can smell it. A decaying flesh. I don't understand nor can I tell what it really was. It stinks and hurts my nostrils. I also felt weird inside as if there is something or someone inside with us. I unintentionally spilled something personal about knowing you which is truly out of character --knowing myself I always keep those things hidden. But it's as if someone is coaxing me to say those things to him. " I then looked troubled when I saw the reaction on Sebastian's face. Who could that be? I need to be wary next time I see my professor. 

 I instantly rubbed Sebastian's hand, sending him a mental message saying that not to worry. That everything will be alright. He smiled and kissed my head before we went back to our dinner. Tonight will be a long night for us. We both are battling with our emotions which I don't think is something to be neglected. But I know that we will make this through. He made it through eons battling head on, he can battle it out again now that I am here by his side. After we ate our dinner, I rang the bell and Mey-Rin along with Finnian came in. Finnian bought us a good bottle of Cognac. From the looks of it this one is very rare. I am one who can't hold his alcohol well. I am afraid I might do somthing stupid tonight.. But I shrug it off, might as well enjoy the night to release the tension earlier. 

  Sebastian talked to Finnian and Mey-Rin, I think he has given them instructions in safe guarding the house while I am here with them. So I went to the bathroom and started to take a bath. The steamy water running on my back feels so good. I close my eyes and relax then I felt a hand slipping in and massaging my shoulder blades.. I hummed and I look up seeing my loving husband slipping inside the tub with me. Tonight is going to be a long night, I giggled.. 

 We made love that night and unlike the other previous ones it's more passionate and loving. We then drifted to sleep in peace.