Reaching Out

Summer.. 

  Today is the end of the first semester. No more classes tomorrow.  

  Good grief, I sighed.. Time really passes by so fast. I gather all my things and headed outside the classroom when I was suddenly called by my professor.

 "Ciel, can you come to my office for a minute? "

  I looked back and sighed for the nth time, then gave a slight nod. 

 When I was inside his office, I looked around reminding myself to be cautious. This is the first time I was called in the office. Then I said, "What is it professor? Something you need from me?"

 He cleared his throat and said, "Well, I was just wondering if you would like to take your thesis ahead of time? Since it's summer and I know you have nowhere else to go..That is if you would like too..and don't have other plans." He looked at me .

 I was taken by surprise at this sudden offer. But I smiled and said, " That'd be great professor. SO does that mean that you approved of my entry for thesis? " smiling at him. 

 Now was his turn to be taken aback, seeing me smiled for the first time maybe the reason. I am not the type who gets chummy nor smiles or laughs a lot like other students in the campus. I am the type who wishes to be left alone. Err, erase that.. The type who wants and prefers ..to be left alone..

 "Ugh.. he cleared his throat.. "yes, I have read your entry and I was shocked as a matter of fact. I never though you have some encountered with the unknown. Why didn't you tell me about it? Are you afraid of being called a freak by your own professor? I am the one person who can understand you best. Well not best , but at least I can understand." 

  I cast my look down, "It's not that professor. I just am not sure yet if what was happening was real. Talking to spirits is something I cannot just blurt out to anyone. I have been called a freak since I was a child because I told everyone in the orphanage about it. I have no choice but to tell them though, since many of them always saw me talking on my own and smiling as if there is really "someone" I was talking too. Well maybe I was thinking that there was somebody I was talking too, or maybe because I was just hungry that I went blabbering all by myself about those things". 

  Then I look at him, " Now I am sure that I am not crazy as the entity already showed himself to me.That is why... I want to take this further and to know what this is really. I will let you know though if there is something I am unsure of or if I am about to get into trouble, in which case I doubt would actually happen. I mean , he's practically harmless. He just sits there next to me and listen to me talk about things that have happened in my day to day .." but I left the part  where he kissed me and called me his life mate and asks me to come find him because I know where he is... I looked down again. 

  "Okay Ciel, I believe you. But if ever there is something you need, let me know. I am just here." 

   I look up to him and said my thank you. Then I smiled and said my goodbye. 

   When I was out from his office, I let out a sigh of relief. I was totally in panic of why was I being called out. I smiled as I was very happy with the news.  I walked down the corridors heading towards my locker to pick up my things while I try to absorb my surroundings. Then I stop on my tracks , so surprise to see someone standing there. He looked up and smiled at me, then called my name "Ciel!" 

  I gasped and utter his name " Sebastian!" .. But I was more surprised to know the reality of the situation.. How come no one sees him? They just passed through him, the students walked past through him!.. Am I the only who can see him? Then again..How come the librarian was able to see him? So many questions running through my head right now. I need to know the truth. I need answers to my questions.. I walked to my locker, surprise to see him still there..