Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

I stared at him. Glared, then slammed the door in his face.

"Wait! Rose I-" I turned to walk away when the door flew open. Man, I should have locked it. "Rose, listen to me. You may hate me- and I don't know why- but I just want to know why you left the restaurant so abruptly."

"Go away!" I yelled at him. "I don't know how you knew I lived here but you better get out." I took three deep breaths, just like my anger management teacher told me to do. "Please." I said more calmly, "just get out."

"Rose, I was just trying to say that I'm sorry. Though, I don't know why I'm still sorry." He opened his mouth to say something but it was Joey who had cut him off.

"Listen, buddy, if she said get out, I think you should get out." His voice was hard and full of authority. Jack turned his attention to Joey and made a face.

"Who are you?!" He pointed a finger at Joey.

"Jack this is Joey" I gestured to Joey. "Joey this is Jack." I gestured to Joey then Jack.

I then chuckled, "Joey and Jack, Jack and Joey. Your names would make a cute couple."

They both broke their glaring contest and looked over at me. "What?!" They both cried in disgust.

I just shrugged, "I wouldn't care if you were... I love gay guys!" I smiled at them,  innocently.

Jacks face was in a hard frown. Joey, on the other hand, looked angry. He ran a hand through his black hair.

"No way would I go out with this emo boy," Jack had said.

My mouth dropped open, "emo boy?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Well yeah, I don't get why you hang out with him." My mouth just touched the floor.

"'If you think he's 'emo' then what do you think of me. I wear all black, my hair is black, does that make me 'emo?'"

"What? No." He shook his head. "Your a badass, not emo. Your hot, emos are not." I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Well, that's who I associate with." I gave him a stern look.

"Rose, no. No, no, no I-" I burst out laughing.

"You should have seen your face!" I laughed hysterically. I then tried to mimic his freaked out expression; I failed miserably, then burst out laughing again.  A few moments later Joey started laughing too. That's what I like, a sense of humor.

"You know what?" I stopped laughing and looked at the two of them. They were both pretty cute... I don't know Jack that much but I could get to know him. Hmm... this idea is a little crazy, but it could work.

I turned towards Joey, "Could I talk to Jack alone for a moment?" He looked a little hesitant but nodded slowly.

I smiled at him and grabbed Jacks hand. I then pulled him into the closet room. It just so happened to my father's recording room before he moved out. "Whoa, what is this?" He looked around in amazement.

"My dad was a musician and like to record his own beats." 

He nodded his head and muttered 'sweet." 

I sat him down in a chair and sat across from him. "Do you want to go out sometime? Maybe even... go out. As boyfriend and girlfriend?" I smiled a little.

"You... want to go out. With me?" He pointed to me and then to himself.

"Well I know we don't know each other that much but-"

"Yes! Yes, yes, yes." I smiled again.

"Cool, and could we not tell Joey about this... I don't want him to become overly jealous or anything." Jack had a cocky grin plastered on his face. "So, we don't tell Joey about this. Kay?" He nodded enthusiastically and stood up to pull me into a hug.

"I won't," he promised.

"Good. Now, could you stay here while I talk to Joey?" He nodded and shrugged. "I'll come get you when I'm done.

I walked out of the room to look for Joey. I found him sitting on the couch in my living room, staring at the dark TV screen. "You know, it works better if you turn it on," I mused.

He lifted his head to look at me for the first time. "Oh, hey." He smiled sadly.

"You know," I sat down next to him on the couch. "We can finish where we left off..." I trailed, looking at him hopefully.

He looked at me and leaned forward, capturing my lips with his. It wasn't a long kiss, just short and sweet.

"Do you want to go out with me?" I asked him, leaning my forehead against his.

His whole demeanor seemed to brighten at the thought of going out with me. "Well of course," I smiled at him.

"Great," I pecked him lightly. "And could we not tell Jack about this. I don't want him to become insanely jealous. It can just be our little secret."

Perfect. I've got them both wrapped around my finger. I didn't really need to go out with Joey, he was just along for the ride. But Jack, however, was what I really needed. If I got close enough to him then maybe I can figure out if he really is my 'look out.' Seems like the perfect way to find out.

Now this will definitely be interesting.