Jack grumbled, annoyed. "I can't believe that Ben told all of you."

"Don't you know, Jack, that gossip is one of the glorious things you could hear?"

Jack grimaced, covering his face. Without his mask, he felt exposed and nervous.

"Besides, Jack, no one, besides everyone who resides in this mansion, will know. Don't be so hesitant to talk about it."

Jack rubbed the slime in between his index finger and thumb, obviously uncomfortable.

Yes, he was confident. He was confident enough to pull someone in and kiss them.

But Jack soon realized it was uncalled for. Why would he kiss her at such a time? And most of all, why so soon?

Perhaps his feelings were deeper than he expected. Perhaps, he couldn't wait that long. And to be honest himself, he never thought that he had it in him to be so... romantic?

Jack shivered.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Jack, calm down. I could literally feel your heart beating as fast as a drum being used by a hyper drummer." Pinkamena said. "And where's your mask? It's quite disturbing to see you without it. And I thought that you didn't like it off?"

"It broke." He said, reminiscing that time his mask shattered into pieces, and he had to collect them one by one.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry to hear that. Your mask was very precious to you, huh?"

Jack didn't respond.

"Anyway! I want to talk about you and Kira."

Jack sighed. "What is it?"

"Have you ever been in love before?"

"I... I don't recall."

The lady sighed. "It's probably hard for you, you must be confused."

Jack made a face. She was correct.

He was confused.

He was confused of his feelings. He didn't know if his feelings were real, or if they were the sort for crushes only.

"So, what is Kira to you?"

"She is..."

Jack bit his lip, his sharp teeth already digging in fast.

"She is, what?"

She is a girl whom I am in love with.

Can Jack really tell her that? He doesn't even know how to tell Kira after kissing her and he was given no authorization to do so.

And so Jack gave her silence.

The lady gave him a sweet smile. "I guess you aren't ready to give that kind of commitment, although you've kissed her already..."

That's the point.

"Pinky, what are you doing?"

Helen asked as he walked in the kitchen.

"Just having a lovely conversation with Jack. Is there something wrong with that?"

Helen shook his. "No, it's just Jack looks--"

Jack abruptly stood up and went out of the kitchen.

He needed to think.

Alone.

* * *

"I don't like the others."

"Me either," The girl said, in response with her friend, "They swarmed me the other day. I didn't like it."

She face her white haired friend. Both were about ten years old, only the boy, who had white hair and green eyes, was much taller. She frowned, remembering the way they were looking at her.

"They? You mean the ones who can see your past and future?"

"Yes... But I was talking about the guards."

She folded her short arms across her chest.

"They tried taking me into the chamber, where my guardian..."

Guardian.

Everyone had guardians, though the boy didn't know what they were for.

He has one, except his was much different from the others. She was a tall lady, with pale skin and purple eyes. Her brown hair was always tied in a messy bun. She looked like a mother. What made her stand out from the group of guardians was that she wasn't an ordinary criminal, which all of them were.

No, she was an artist.

He didn't know why she was here. She seemed too innocent to be put among the other guardians. The guardians were supposed to be criminals, most were very famous for their crimes, who are pardoned so that they could be useful to the facility.

She treated him as if he was her own son, unlike the others. They treated the ones in their custody as either a friend, a stranger, or an object they needed to be extremely careful with.

Well, he may be wrong about her the only parent-like guardian. He is, actually.

Kira, his friend, had a guardian who also treated her differently. He didn't know what happened to him, all he had heard that he died just yesterday.

He felt sympathy towards his friend.

"Adam, I heard what they said." By the look on her face, he could tell how worried she was.

"What did they say?" He asked.

"They... They said about locking me away..."

"What?! They can't do that!" He shrieked, an angry look in his eyes.

Kira looked shocked at his sudden outburst.

"Hey! Maybe it isn't true! M-Maybe I was imagining it!"

Adam had grimaced a little, but before he could give her a response, his door opened.

"Hey... Uhhh... I'm sorry for interrupting you..." She said, her voice low and as usual, sweet. Purple eyes looking at the two kids. "I was told to escort Kira back to her room."

Kira frowned, standing up. But as she turned to Adam, she gave a small smile and told him, "Goodnight."

Adam waved at him, making himself comfortable on his bed as he watched the two close the door.

Locking her away? Adam couldn't even imagine what it was like without her. She was his only friend, besides his guardian, in the whole facility. Even though there were others who shared the same ability as he had, he didn't find one that he could bond with.

He just hopes that he could see her the next morning.

Leigh was mad at me for writing the kissing scene by myself. Yes, she's taking a break from writing, BUT APPARENTLY SHE CHECKS ON THE BOOKS. I was legit scared when she messaged me saying that she was going to kill me. I AM SCARED SOMEONE HOLD ME D: