Chapter Twenty - A Heart

Please remember when reading this chapter that I am not a doctor!! Thank you:)

Chapter Twenty - A Heart
•North•

Sean goes in the Ambulance with Sang, making sure that the paramedics take her to The Academy Hospital. Luke, Kota and Gabriel go in another while the rest of us jump into our cars. On the way to the hospital, I go through every read light, get flashed for speeding and almost hit an old lady walking across the road with her dog but I can't bring myself to care.

All I can think about is Sang. When I heard that gun fire, my heart stopped beating in my damn chest and the sight before me is something that will stay with me forever. The way Sang's body jerked as she was shot the chest, blood splattering and coating her t-shirt. But somehow, that beautiful girl still managed to raise her gun and shoot it three times, killing Jason Storm within seconds. As he went down though, he managed to shoot Sang again and that's when it really registered in my head what had happened.

The asshole I was throwing fists at got forgotten as I bellowed her name and ran towards her. She was talking at first but then she just stopped and some part of me wondered, just for a second, if she would leave us this time, for real, and never come back.

I find a parking spot at the hospital and run towards the entrance. I can see anyone but then a siren sounds outside and nurses rush by me. I can only follow.

The doors to the ambulance open and the paramedics lead Sang out on a stretcher. A paramedic straddles her, pushing his hands into her chest. "What's wrong with her?" I turn to Sean. "What the fuck is wrong with her?"

Tears stream down his cheeks. "Her heart stopped beating. They've been trying to bring her back for the last two minutes."

That's when my world stops.

It stopped before when we got that knock at the door from the police, saying Sang had died in a car accident at the scene.

It started spinning again only yesterday morning when she looked absolutely fucking stunning standing there in that parking lot spewing all kinds of bullshit.

And not even twenty four hours later it stops again.

•Sean•

I rush down the hall with North by my side, following Sang down to surgery. I asked Dr Roberts to be paged so I'm not surprised when I see him coming from the opposite direction. He looks at the darling girl on the bed before looking to me. "Sean, what's going on?"

I come to a stop and look past him to the bed that holds my whole heart and then back to the man that's been like a father to me for years. "Long story short, Sang faked her death. Not because she wanted to, but because she had to. Jason Storm, head of Storm Mafia had her because she was paying of a debt that belongs to her father, the reason she did what she did." I pause, raking my fingers through my hair. "You know we had that follower?" I had told him about it many times and he always said if we didn't feel in danger then to not investigate it but we put a vote to it two nights ago and decided to find out who it was.

I'm glad we did.

"Yes." Dr Roberts replies.

"Well, that was Sang. All this time, it's been Sang. We found this out not even twenty four hours ago." I tell him. "As you know we was on a mission to take Storm down but Sang helped. Things went crazy and Storm himself was holding Owen at gun point. Sang the silly beautiful girl pushed him out the way, firing her own gun at Storm but receiving to bullets herself."

"Jesus Christ."

"Phil, you have to help her." I plead. "Her heart, it stopped beating. We've just got her back, we can't lose her again."