9: It's My Apartment!

Elsa

Out of all the weird stuff that happened to me, this is the weirdest out of them all. Right in front of me, is my boss, completely dressed in white and silver as if he was the moon. Even seeing a ghost in my apartment doesn't top this. Wait. What if I'm dreaming? That means all this isn't real. That means my life will go back to normal when I wake up. That means all this with the criminals breaking in and seeing Manny coming out of nowhere is actually not happening in real life.

I let out a laugh causing everyone to look at me weirdly. "My dreams are getting weirder everyday."

They are actually. Last time, I dreamt of a unicorn made entirely out of chocolate. The rest is too weird to even remember.

Manny turned to me, still wearing a smile. "This isn't a dream Elsa. This is all real. I have called you here for a reason." 

My laughter died down as I looked at him. You have got to be kidding me.

"So all this is real?" He nodded. "So you just came out of nowhere?" He nodded again. "And there are criminals in my apartment?" He shook his head. Oh what a relief.

"They are not criminals, Elsa. You just don't know their story."

I crossed my arms. "They are criminals. They're thieves, murderers, they're criminals. You're the one that assigned me to this case and you're telling me that they're not criminals?" I got to admit. That came out harsher than I thought. But Manny's smile didn't even fade.

The red haired girl groaned and glared at me. "We do not kill, got that? It isn't us doing all that. We can't take away a life. We're only thieves." I returned the glare and raised an eyebrow. This girl is driving me nuts. She's more annoying than Snow White, a girl I sat next to in school. I'm so glad that I don't see her anymore or else I would have slapped her across the face by now. Such a show off.

"You're a criminal, don't deny it. You steal for fun!" I exclaimed.

"Elsa," Manny started. My eyes gazed upon him. "Do you know why they're doing it?" I shook my head. "Then ask them why. It might change your mind."

Groaning, I turned to the ghost with my arms folded. "Care to explain?"

He sighed. "We are thieves," he said, stating the obvious. "But we only steal for my sister."

"Your sister?"

He nodded. "She's having an operation and I don't have the money. So, we thought stealing is a better option."

I stared at him with wide open eyes. Since when did he have a sister? But, if I was in his shoes, I would probably attempt to do that too. If Anna was in hospital, I would be tempted to steal. But, it's still wrong. They're still enemies. There's so many other options he could have chose.

"Why steal? You could have got a job and earned the money in a decent way."

Manny sighed. "They had no choice. I'm sure you would do something like that for Anna, right?" I didn't answer him. I didn't have to. He knew the answer anyway. "So, I have made you meet each other for a special reason. You need to work together to break the curse I gave Jack."

Okay this doesn't make sense at all. Didn't he die? Isn't he supposed o be a ghost? So why's he talking about some curse? This is all too confusing to take in.

Manny turned to me. "Elsa, I rose him from the dead for a reason. I wanted him to learn his lesson. Now, I need all of you to help him learn that lesson."

He started to glow and fade. What on earth is happening?

"W-wait," the ghost called. "How are we supposed to break the curse?"

"I will come again." Just like that, he faded away. I stared at the place were he stood with wide open eyes. My mouth was hanging down. I cannot believe that this isn't a dream.

"Wait so are we staying here, with you two?" The blonde girl asked with hope.

I looked at her but gave no response. I was just too confused. Did that just happen? Tell me Manny isn't some sort of wizard. For once, why can't my life just be normal? Oh that reminds me, I need to call me not-so-normal family.

Jack gave her a smile. "I guess you are, Punzie."

Then he squealed happily, tackling him in a hug. Wait, why doesn't she go through him? Argh. This is too confusing. The other two joined in the group hug, leaving me utterly confused and shock.

But wait a minute. They're staying in my apartment. I came to my senses. Why didn't I realise it sooner? I gave them no permission to do so. They can't just do whatever they like!

"Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt your little group hug, but who gave you the permission to stay in my apartment?" I glared at them so hard that my eyes started hurting. I blinked a few times but I glared at them again. Stupid eyes. You just had to start blinking and ruin my famous glare.

The ghost smirked. "This isn't your apartment. It's my apartment."

I gritted my teeth. "I bought this apartment. Got that? So it makes it my apartment."

He rolled his eyes as he ignored me. "Let me show you the bedrooms." And with that, the three followed the ghost. I stood there frozen in shock. So, let me get this straight. Three criminals and one ghost are going to live with me in my apartment which I didn't give permission for. So, to sum it all up, they are basically unwanted roommates. Great!

A/N: Oh my lord of chocolate unicorns! It has been so long since I updated! I am soooo sorry! I completely forgot that I had other books. Please don't kill me! I am again so sorry.

Vote? Comment? Like? Follow?

Bye Unicorns!