6: Arresting a Dead Man?

Jack

I ran my hands through my hair and frowned. She didn't know who I was. Yes it would have been bad if she knew I was a criminal, but I feel unwanted. And why did she have their pictures? How did she get the pictures? By what I know, Hic, Mer and Punzie haven't stolen anything. And the fact that she's new to this town makes it even more mysterious. Groaning, I flew off from the roof and through the window. It was still a lot early, about six or seven. That Elsa girl was dressed like she was going somewhere and she was cooking something. God knows what she was making.

"What are you making?" I asked walking towards her. Oh she's terrible at cooking.

She groaned not taking her eyes of the food. "I'm trying to make omelette."

"Omelette? That's supposed to be food?" I joked, letting out a laugh. She glared daggers at me.

"Shut it frost or else I'll burn you."

I rolled my eyes. "Pft. Sure you can. You can't even touch me."

"But I thought you weren't a ghost." I shrugged and made little snowflakes with my staff. Elsa stared in awe making me smirk.

"Now you're interested in my awesome powers?" She rolled her eyes and got out a plate.

"Do you have to be in this apartment? I mean come on. Go somewhere else. Just leave me alone."

"And let you take over my apartment? No chance." I smirked as I leaned on my staff. She walked into the living room and turned on the tv.

"But I have to stay here. I've got no choice. Plus, it's for my job." She paused and turned to me. "You used to live here?" I nodded.

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?" I asked with a confused expression. She widened her eyes and gasped.

"Stay right here. Just let me get something." She rushed of somewhere leaving me in complete confusion. What the heck?

Elsa

I knew it was him. I knew I saw him before. I searched my drawers and found the picture I was looking for. Sprinting, I ran to the room the ghost was in and compared him to the picture. The picture was next to his face and looked exactly like him. I can't believe this.

"What are you doing?" He asked. My eyes went from him to the picture and back.

"You're him. You're the criminal," I muttered, putting the picture in my hands. I stared at him. The only thing that was different is the fact that the ghost has white hair and pale skin.

"What? Show me that," he demanded, snatching the picture from my hands. His eyes widened. "Why the heck do you have my picture?"

"I knew it," I mumbled as I rubbed my temples. I paced back and forth, trying to figure out what is happening. "I can't believe that the criminal I have to arrest is actually dead. And I thought I would have a chance. But no. It just had to get more complicated."

"Wait," he started. "What do you mean arrest me?" I sighed and faced him.

"Do you really want to know?" He nodded. Well, I guess there's no harm in telling a ghost, right? "I'm a secret agent and I'm supposed to catch the Big Four." He blinked at me a couple of times.

"You're supposed to catch the big four?" I nodded. He let out a laugh, holding onto his stomach. What's so funny? "I can't believe someone so clumsy as you is supposed to catch the big four. I mean come on! You don't even know where they are." I glared straight at him. But he's right. I don't know where they are. How am I supposed to catch them?

I sighed. "You're right." The ghost stopped laughing and looked at me. "I don't even know where they are. How am I-" That's it! He must know where they are.

"Why the sudden stop?"

"Do you know where they are?" I asked, hoping he knows. But unfortunately, things don't go my way as he shook his head.

"I haven't seen them since I've died." Sighing, I looked at the time and my eyes widened. Oh no. I totally forgot about meeting Manny. I'm late!

"I have to go!" I grabbed my keys and headed for the door not even bothering to listen to that ghost. Speaking of him,
I really need to have to find a way to kick him out. I mean, who wants a ghost haunting their apartment?

Because of the fact that Tadashi didn't come to pick me up, I had to get a taxi. Manny's going to kill me!

Finally, after ages waiting in the taxi, I arrived. I walked into the building, earning some stares of confusion. I sighed and got into the lift. Luckily, Tadashi had given me the code to it. I pressed the buttons and the lift started moving sideways. I still can't believe how hi-tech this is. It's all so cool.

I knocked on his door as a voice called me in.

"You're late Elsa," he said. I apologised and sat down. Should I say it? Should I say that one member of the big four is actually dead and I can see his ghost? But he'll think it's a joke or that I'm too lazy to catch them. What should I do?

"Why did you call me here?"

"To talk to you about the big four." I nodded slowly and bit my bottom lips as I fidgeted with my hands. He looked confused. "Is there something you'd like to say Elsa?" I faced him and he wore a smile. I thought he would be angry.

I shook my head quickly. "No. There's absolutely nothing I'd like to say." Great. He's going to get suspicious. I'm such a bad liar.

"Okay then. So, have you found out anything about them?" I sighed and shook my head. "Elsa I understand that this case is difficult but you have to find at least one clue about them. Do you understand the crimes they did?"

I nodded. "Yes. They're experienced thieves."

"Yes but not only that too." He took out some photos and placed them on the table. I gasped. They were photos of dead bodies. "They're murderers." They killed innocent people? How cruel can they get? They will pay for what they did and they will get punished.

"I understand. I'm going to do all my best that I can to find them." Manny smiled at me and put the photos away. The image is still in my mind. Blood, pain and cruelty. Those heartless beasts.

"Good. You may go." Nodding, I stood up. "Oh and Elsa?" He called and I turned to face him.

"Yes Manny?"

"Please tell him that we'll meet some day." He still wore that smile. Who was he talking about? Tell who?

"Huh?"

"I said, you may go." Manny grinned. Am I imagining things? Yeah. That's probably it. But still, who was he talking about? Shaking the thought off my mind, I walked out. Manny sure is one mysterious guy.

Manny

I know he wants to know the one that brought him back to life and I understand that he's eager to know why he's back to life. But patience is what he needs. I'm not the one helping him, Elsa is. I put that curse on him to teach him a lesson and I picked the perfect one to help him turn his life around. But there's obstacles for him to face.

The moon was no where to be seen. It was the sun's turn to get the attention. I smiled. Someday, I will return. I will leave this form and return. But not just yet. There's something I have to take care of and that's him. He's going to take revenge and I need to stop him or else, more lives will be lost and I will not complete my mission. The stake of this planet is weakening.

It's nearly time Pitch. It's nearly time.

A/N: Yay! Hi guys! What did you think of it? Sorry for not updating this book for so long.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who commented and voted for my books. It means a lot and I'm happy you guys liked it. Thanks so much! I appreciate it a lot.

How was it?

Vote? Comment? Like? Follow?

Bye Unicorns!