One last bit of fun

I looked outside one morning and smiled. Thunder. Its time for some fun. We had been working non stop for weeks, training everyone up so that their ready for the battle ahead. Everyone we had asked wanted to come to help. They like us, want the Volturi to go.

They wear a bit suspicious when my farther announced their trainer to be Jane but Carslie smoothed things out. Jane’s a very good teacher and combined with Jaspers knowledge of newborn’s we have a very good chance. Newborn’s are easy to destroy if you can out run them. Their advantage is strength but ours is skill and speed.

However, I was scared if we had the other members of the guard to fight. Could we really take on that many vampires all at once? Then I thought of Crystal and smiled. She was our weapon. One look and you die. Now that Jane was on our side we didn’t have to worry about her torturing Crystal. Come to think of it, a number of vampires on our side had special gifts, more of us then the volturi now. I walked over to everyone and smiled.

They wear all smiling too so I guess Alice has already told them about the huge game of vampire baseball we will play today. Kate and Garrett the newly weds looked up at the sky eagerly, while peter, charlotte and Jasper talked about tactics.

 Everyone looked up when the pack came in to report to my farther. Sam and my farther stood still, their eyes locked together while Jake, Paul, Jared, Seth and Leah gave out crokey barks as if laughing, facing a smaller wolf who was EJ. EJ was rubbing his head agenst the ground letting out small whimpers. “what’s wrong with him?” asked Jane walking over

“Fleas” sighed my farther.

Some of the vampires joined in laughing while just rolled their eyes and walked away. I sighed “EJ, go and take a bath, you two Jake.”

“he asked why”

“because I don’t want fleas in my house so set a good example for your son and take a bath okay hunny?”

Jake wined but nudged EJ and they ran in the direction of the house.

“alright, while we wait for them we’ll get into teams”

“Men V’s women” said Emmett who was wearing his baseball shirt.

“that’s alright with me” grinned Alice “girls are better then boys anyway”

“dream on little sis”

“fine, men V women” agreed my farther.

When Jake and EJ came back, we played. The men batted first with Alice bowling. Emmett hit the ball with a loud crash and began to run around the posts. My mother ran off in the direction of the ball and threw it back to Alice before even Emmett reached the second post. “your out!” shouted Esme. Emmett growled and stalked off, sitting down on the grass as my farther came to bat. Alice swung the ball and he hit it with a loud crash just as thunder sounded and he ran. I ran in the direction of the ball and just missed caching it. I threw it back to Alice but my farther was already back at the first base. Next was EJ. He wore his hat backwards and he grinned at Alice “give me your best shot!”

Alice grinned back and threw the ball at him. EJ swung back and hit the ball and he ran off. Jane ran and dived for the ball before it hit the ground and caught it. “your out” called Esme. “aww what! Come on babe!”

Jane grinned “bye”

EJ pouted and went to sit next to Emmett.

Suddenly their was a huge crash of thunder that made me flinch slightly. “Edward!”

I looked up to see my farther run to Alice followed by everyone else. I joined them and stood next to my mom who held my hand. “their coming” said Alice.

“when will they be hear?” asked Carmen

“30 minuets”

“you know what to do!” said Edward.

We all nodded and went to do our jobs. I looked around and saw EJ and Jane embracing each other with a hug and a kiss. “I love you” she murmured to him.

“I love you to” he whispered back before he phased into a wolf and ran into the forest.

Two long, muscular and warm arms wrapped around me and hugged me. “keep safe babe” he whispered.

“you do two” I said kissing him. We stayed like that for a while, together. Around us, the others wear doing the same. Jake gave me one last kiss before he ran towards the forest and phased into a wolf. This was it. This was the last stand. The battle that will save us, or destroy us.