Wounded- Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

Apartment number one: 3 bedroom, two bath, amazing space, but has a recurring molding issue and very loud neighbors who like to practice with their band. Apartment number two: 3 bedroom, one bath, a considerable space, but also an hour from Riverside. Plus, there is a dog park across the street which is very loud. I don't want to have to worry about the baby not being able to sleep beside some dogwalkers decided to play with their animals at the park. That's setting ourselves up for disaster. The apartment was nice, but there are so many things pointing to it being wrong.

"Hey, don't stress about this," Jafar scolded, turning on the car. "It's not good for you or the baby."

"I thought this would be easy, you know? Find the perfect place, move in, call it a day. I'm already four months along and we can't find a decent place to live."

"Quinn assured us that she would find our dream place."

"We don't have a dream place!" I exclaimed, my eyes wide, and Jafar laughed, having me glare at him, "I'm serious. We didn't go all house hunters on her, now did we?"

"No," He shook his head, an amused smile on his lips. "But I'm sure that like every episode on that show, we'll get the perfect place."

"But...."

He shook his head and leaned in, giving me a kiss and smiling at me. "No buts, okay? We'll get there."

-*-
November 3rd

"It's been too long," I complained, staring at my phone, waiting for it to answer. I feel like such a hypocrite right now. I remember telling Jafar not to do this, yet I'm doing it myself.

"Ayah, it's been a couple of days, plus everyone is getting back to work after the break. They'll call."

"Yeah, but when! This is a vital part of our lives right now."

Even when we went to visit my Aunt and Uncle the other day, I couldn't even enjoy myself because I was stressing about this; stressing about when Quinn Fox was going to call and say she found a place for us. But she hasn't, and I'm doubting that this will go well.

"She said she will call no later than a week," Jafar reminded me, a grin on his face. "It's been four days."

"You're right," I sighed and leaned back on the couch, pursing my lips lightly. "I need to take my mind off of this."

"Why don't you write?"

I shook my head. "I'm still blocked. I couldn't come up with anything right now."

Ever since I heard of this writing competition, my creative thinking just...stopped. The words aren't flowing like they used to, and I don't think they will if I don't get any good inspiration. My blocks have never lasted this long before. I've always bounced back, but this time I haven't.

"Is there anything I can do?"

I turned to Jafar with a smile and shook my head. "I wish there was. I just need to ride it out. This would be a good time to talk to Jamila, but we're currently not speaking."