Wounded- Chapter Sixteen

Published: Monday September 7th 4:33 pm 2015

42 pages!!! This is the absolute longest chapter I've ever written. ENJOY!

Edited:

Jafar:
August 3rd

I regret the decisions I have made in my life, and the stupid, rush decisions I will make in the future. I regret not re-thinking the things that will change my life for the worst. Not a lot of things that I've done have been for the better.

I'm not just talking about Ayah, but about everything I've ever chosen from the moment I could think correctly. As a child, something is always influencing your decisions, much like now, actually. My bad judgement influenced me, and now I'm left with regret. It's one of the worst feeling ever to grace my mind.

Why I haven't tried to think rationally? Why I didn't just turn to the right decision yet? I'm in way too deep. Now I'm at the point where I have to keep doing it. I can't stop. If I stop, nothing will be the same. Believe it or not, it will be worse than when I wasn't thinking. Which is why now, I'm sat in my car in front of the hospital, wondering why I didn't make the right decision. It all started this morning at Fajr.

Earlier that day

Jafar:

"Jafar, it's time to wake up."

I grumbled in my sleep induced state and buried my head deeper in my pillow. It can't be Fajr yet. I just went to sleep!

"Jafar Ibrahim, get up or I'll tell Abi..."

I slowly lifted my head up to raise an eyebrow at Jamila. The last time she said that, I was eighteen and she was eight. It only worked then because we were suppose to be going on an important trip and I was late. Now it has no effect on me.

As I looked at her, I noticed a picture of someone on her phone.

"Mill's, whose that on your phone?"

Her eyes widened before she quickly turned the phone off.

"No one. Now, get up already."

"I'm getting up," I grumbled. "Can you pass me my phone from my desk?"

She huffed but complied to my request. If it's time for Fajr, it must be quite early. And looking at he clock proved it. Great. I only got about two hours worth of sleep.

"Jafar, why do you have tickets for California scheduled for a couple of days?"

"I got up quicker than normal and grabbed the tickets from her grasp, cursing under my breath. Why didn't I put these away?!

"I thought you would be here for a couple of months."

"I was, but things change."

The room was silent for a while. Me getting dressed in my khamis and kufi, while Jamila stood there watching me. After a good five minutes, she finally spoke.

"Is Ayah going?"

I paused what I was doing, but I couldn't think of a lie to say. I can't say that she is with them being such good friends. I can't say I'm not going because she saw the tickets.

"Jafar, don't do this to her. Not again."

"It's complicated," I sighed, grabbing the tickets from her and put them away.