Wounded- Chapter Thirty Six

Edited:

If I get 10 comments in this chapter, I'll update again today...

Published: Saturday, December 5th 2015 12:09 pm

Ayah:

"Alright, my feet hurt from all of this walking. Can we please sit down before I lose a toe?"

"Jamila, calm down with all the dramatics," Zahrah rolled her eyes, looking down every so often to make sure Rahil was still sound asleep. I don't blame her for checking. For the last hour he was screaming his head off to the point where she had to sit down and physically put him to sleep. During that time, Jamila, Tehreem and I were walking around the stores, aimlessly going into store after store. The last time I went shopping was with Safeer, Annie and her sister, which was for one purpose: baby shopping. Shopping for myself has never been appealing. Well, shopping in general hasn't.

I didn't really feal it before, but now that I'm farther along, I can really feel the difference in my feet and my energy span.

"Where did you all go?" Zahrah questioned once we successfully sat down at one of the surrounding restaurants. The local mall isn't that big, but for some reason the restaurants are delicious. And since we're going today,it's one of the only times I'll eat out for a while.

"We went to Rue 21 and found the cutest skirts," Jamila started off, staring dreamily at one of her many bags. "Then we went to shi and I found some killer heels for my friends Alia's henna party, and bath and body works for some smell goods. You missed out."

"These were Jamila's stores," Tehreem said with a huff. "Now that I have kids, I forgot what it was like going in them."

"What about Amna?" I asked. "Isn't she at that part of the tween stage?"

"She's edging close to it," She huffed. "And Zak has started likeing stores like Abercrombie and American Eagle. They grow up so fast."

"Why don't we get some food before we head out," Zahrah suggested. "We're having company later."

"That's right," Tehreem said with a distant smile. "I can already smell the awkwardness."

-*-
Jafar:

"Wasim, I really need to talk to you, man. Call, text, whatever you can to contact me. It's important."

I hung up my phone with a huff and continued to drive towards the hotel with a growing headache. There is just so much that I have to do. A lot of it having to do with my family. Well, all of it. I haven't spoken to Wasim since that day at the school and that's not good. Our relationship has always been spotless, so not talking to each other is a rare thing. As I pulled up to the hotel, I parked my car and took out of my phone, dialing the number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Jafar. I'm out front."

"Okay," I heard some shuffling in the background and quiet whispers, then he cleared his throat. "I'll be down in ten."

True to his word, Luca walked out of the hotel with a woman, looking slightly hungover. From all the years that I roomed with Allen in college, I came quite aquainted to the look. As they saw me leaning against my car, she pulled him towards me, a guilty smile on her face as she steadied him.

"Are you Jafar, the brother?"

I nodded. "Yes. And you are...?"

"My name is Danielle, but you can call me Dani. And this is your hungover brother."