Chapter 7 Unexpected Morning

I wake myself to the sweet smell of eggs and bacon in the distance. I stretch my legs and arms, squealing and trying to wake up completely. Where was I? That's when the memories of last night came back in my memory and I smile, pampered by the memorable evening which was held in the company of Charlie. I still feel his warm skin against mine, his soft lips trailing my skin and his hands who didn't want to let me go ...

I sigh and open my eyes, eyelashes batting as a result of the sudden clarity. The large windows let in the morning light and on my lover's alarm clock I could read 11:46. That late? I thought, confused by my prolonged sleep.

I slip out of the sheets and walk slowly to the bathroom. In the mirror, my reflection shows me that my hair is messed up, my makeup from yesterday was smeared all over my face and I was wearing an extremely large simple shirt. Quickly, I took a shower and then arranged my hair in a bun. Discreetly, I used his deodorant and then discover a new toothbrush on the counter. I guess Charlie had thought about it.

Ready to join him in the kitchen for the inevitable morning conversation, I slip in a white silky robe that was folded in the bathroom.

With silence and ecstasy, I dragged to the kitchen where I found the photographer busy in the kitchen. He was finishing cooking the eggs while the table was already set. Smoked bacon and small croissants were on trays between two white plates, glasses and shiny utensils.

Charlie still had not noticed my presence so I walk silently behind him and hug him in my arms, without a second thought. My lover smiles and his laughter made his chest bounce happily.

- Good morning, he said cheerfully, turning around to kiss me. Our lips pressed against each other's for a few seconds before he gently pushes me away to intimate me to go sit down. He soon followed me with a bowl filled with scrambled eggs. After filling our plates, we began to eat. I find it very strange to stay for breakfeast with a one night stand lover but it's nice to be pampered as well.

- Ready for your NDD? Charlie asked me, excitement in his eyes.

- N-D-What? I asked, pausing to chew. What did he say?

A charming and secretive smile on his face, he obviously took pleasure in explaining it to me.

- An NDD. "Next Day Date"? It's my invention. After the ONS, "One Night Stand", I feel like I am taking advantage of the person so I take them on a NDD. This is my way of, you know, thanking the person... Is it too weird because to me it makes sense and people seem to actually like it..?

Surprised by this news, I was silent, my mouth full. So I swallow my bite and gave him one of my biggest smile.

- A brilliant idea! It's perfect, I have not plans for today, I said.

Liar, said my brain. You have office reports to complete and your appartment needs a serious cleaning! I ignore the remarks of my subconscious as I see Charlie's face light up at my approval.

- Perfect then! First we'll go get you some clothes for the day. Then I have some ideas that perhaps will please you if I understood what kind of person you are... Sounds fun?

- Yes that's fine!

We finished our plates and then did the dishes. While he had both hands in the hot soapy water, I was drying and putting away the clean plates. Just before, Charlie had put on the radio and a catchy song was playing. I danced a bit around the counters, filled with an emotion that I had missed so much.

I don't know why, but I felt complete. Happy. At home. With him, it was like coming home after a long journey. This new emotion made me dizzy but I gave it my body and my soul, burning with a euphoric joy.

After the routine task, Charlie went to get dressed while I put on my clothes from the night before. With light feet, we headed for the nearest mall.

I found myself a dress, yellow like the sun with a folded white collar. Cute and classic. When we left the store, Charlie turns to me, smiling.

- I planned our day! I hope I understood your taste... There's only one way to find out!

And it's with this momentum that Charlie took me by the hand and led me through the streets of New York for a new adventure.