Chapter 3 The Legend at the bar

While I was finishing my drink in small nervous sips, Tony was flirting with another guy a few meters away. Obviously he had found a "boyfriend" for the evening.

     I take a break from my drink and look around me. The club was filling up more and more people, many women and men. The music was great, I did not know who was the DJ but his tastes were not bad at all. The purple lights were dancing on the ceiling while a horde of people were doing the same on the dance floor.

     Tony approches me again picks up my empty glass. Looking over his shoulder, he waves goodbye at the guy to which he was talking to earlier. The man waved back and joined his friends on the dancefloor.

- So? You're getting guys tonight?

     Tony shows me a piece of paper between his fingers where a phone number was written.

- Totally.

     Victorious, he then began to scan the room with his eyes and I did the same, trying to find my target for the evening. Suddenly, I saw Tony stiffen by the corner of the eye. He pats me on the shoulder.

- What Tony? Did you see something?

     The bartender noded and pointed me a newcomer with his chin. The new guy calmly approached the bar, climbing on a stool. Oddly, Tony rushed immediately to the new customer, as if he was under a spell. Intrigued, I watched.

     The stranger ordered and seconds later a simple Coke was put in front of him. He paid, thanked Tony kindly and began to drink his soda.

     "Well done, he also wants to stay sober" I thought to myself.

     Tony came back walking, with red cheeks and his eyes illuminated.

- Are you okay? You look like you just saw a celebrity, I said, laughing at his facial expression.

     My bartender looks at me, confused.

     - Maddie. He IS a celebrity! This guy is known everywhere and yet no one crosses him by chance on the street. He is the most mysterious person I've ever known ...

     I frown. Seeing my face, Tony explains.

     - Madison, only a few people know his first name. He is the rarest guy a girl can find a bar. Nobody knows why, but everyone who sleeps with him absolutely wants to find him a couple of days later. He must be extraordinary ...

     Seeing his dreamy look, I guess he had probably tried with him, but it had not worked.

     Suddenly, a nervous lump formed in the pit of my stomach and chills ran through my whole body. Scared but excited, I knew immediately what would follow.

     Tony turned to me, displaying a solemn expression.

     - Madison Stinson, this is your chance tonight.