Chapter 5 Friday's Coincidence

Frozen with amazement, I stare at him with wide eyes. I contemplate him in silence while he did the same, no way intimidated by my lack of words.

His brown eyes peered into mine, probing my soul. A shiver ran through my body and left him with a small smile on his thin satin lips.

     His cheeks pinkish from the cold, he was wearing a simple white t-shirt with a light black leather coat, a semi-tight pair of jeans and shoes of the same brand as Tony, black, shiny and stylish.

Suddenly, breaking the silence, a melodious chuckle rose from his throat. I jumped because I was lost in his handsome complexion.

- W-why are you laughing? I stuttered, trying to be the most polite possible.

With his most welcoming smile, he said in a unusual and elegant voice;

- I laugh because for once I meet someone who takes the time to analyze me too. What are you looking for exactly?

Surprised by his answer, I memorized what I thought of him. A gleam of joy and ingenuity in his eyes, his lips formed in an inviting smitk, his open posture... and his irresistible body, though not as hot as a super-model.

     - I don't really know, but you shine with joy and you seem welcoming, I breathed, still unprepared.

     He smiled and beckoned me to follow him. While walking, he ordered me with his angelic voice;

     - You do not have to be so polite to me you know?

     I blushed with shame but cracked a smile, shaking his head. My limbs trembled and why? Tony of course! Why did he had to put me on my nerves about this mysterious man with chocolate eyes?

     We finally sit down on a bench that overlooked one of the main streets of New York. A small wind played in the dark curls of the man I still did not know the name. This is a way to start the conversation, I thought.

     I turned to him, smiling, and handed him my hand.

     - My name is Madison. But everyone calls me Maddie.

     He smiles back to me and shooks my hand with a strong and warm grip.

     - Charlie, he answers.

     Satisfied by this little break information, I remain uncomfortably silent, waiting for him to begin a conversation. Cars spun in front of us, beeping in the immensity of the city. To my joy, he asked me a question in return, but on a subject that I preferred to avoid.

- The man you were trying to escape from, who was he?

Charlie is the one who helped me, so I owe him some answers.

- My ex, I replied. Mark. He tries to contact me since I knew what he had done.

My new acquaintance looked at me, a question mark displayed in his expression.

- He cheated on me with a woman from work, I added to my story for the conclusion. It was the last straw so I left him and we did not talk since.

Charlie nodded and after a few minutes of silence we continued on talking. It was odd, at first I was the most embarrassed girl in the world with him but now I could swear we had known each other for years. By his face, I see that he thinks the same thing, but my hope dies quickly thinking it's just a meet in a club.

It late now, and I knew that I had to leave soon. My only options? I go home alone or follow this beautiful Apollo.

- Do you feel like going to my place? My car is a little further on this street. Unless you'd rather wish for me to take you home. Your choice Madison, he said with a straight face, completely okay with one or the other option.

My heart leaped when he blew out my full name. Said with that voice, it was sublime! No my little Maddie, you will not make yourself ideas with a guy like that!, I thought. Feeling feverish that an attractive guy had invited me to his home, I told myself that I must take advantage of this unique opportunity.

- I wouldn't mind your place, I said, trying to hide my sudden nervousness. My hands were trembling!

He smiles at me and, like a true gentleman, stands up and holds out his hand. I take it willingly and our fingers intertwine automatically, like magnets. We laugh as we walk to his car which was actually very close to the club. It was of a silvery gray structure, which I think is totally his style, even though I just met him. We enter his vehicle and he puts the engine on. A soft purr rolled out of the engine. The wheels glide silently on the asphalt and we're on our way to his appartement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think of their meeting? You think something will happen?
Leave comments! See you!

- QueenOfTheSharks