Telling

Emily's POV

It's been a few days since I left. The phone calls and texts from the boys are slowly disappearing. Maybe they are forgetting me. That's what I wanted. Right? It's better for everyone. My mind kept telling me. I pushed those thoughts away and looked at the pictures of all of the boys and I. I smiled at them.

I'm off of work today and I just got a call from the furniture place that they have my stuff. I made sure to put my necklace that Niall got me when he asked me out on, I only take it off to sleep and shower. I then looked in the mirror at my hair. I honestly love it. I wonder what Liam would think if he saw it.

I finished getting ready and texted Elizabeth and Rachel asking if they could help me get everything. They said yes of course. I told them to come to my apartment and pick me up, so they should be here soon. I really need my own car. Maybe I can do that today too.

I walked downstairs and waited outside the lobby for their car to come. They pulled up about 2 minutes later.

"Hey!" Liz and Rachel screamed when I got in the back.

"Hey guys! One, no need to make me go deaf and two, thanks for helping me out today, I really appreciate it." They laughed a little.

"Sorry about that and it's totally fine.We had nothing to do today anyways since we just got off of work." Rachel said. I smiled at them as we started driving.

"By the way, I LOVE your shirt!" Liz said. I looked down and noticed a One D shirt. How did that happen?

"Thanks! Do you like One Direction?"

"A little. I just really like their music, I'm not one of those overly obsessed fans." I nodded. Rachel turned up the volume on the radio.

A couple minutes later a familiar tune started to play. Stereo Hearts. I felt the tears come to my eyes.

"Are you okay Emily?" I heard Rachel ask. I nodded my head and quickly wiped the tears from my eyes but it was no use. They already saw them. Rachel pulled over to the side of the road.

"What's wrong Emily? You can tell us." Liz said. Should I tell them? You know what, I don't care. I think I should tell them.

"Ok. I guess I can tell you guys. I mean if we are going to be friends I think it's best not to lie to you guys." They nodded and I took a deep breath.

"You know Liam Payne right? From One Direction?" They nodded again.

"Well..umm...he's my brother. I kind of just packed up my things without telling anyone where I'm going. I felt as if I needed to disappear. Their fans never liked me and when we first found each other again, I was kidnapped by my ex and my 'parents'. A few day ago, before I left, I got a call from my 'parents' and him saying I will never be safe and that they will find me. I thought I needed to protect them, so I left." I finished my story and looked at their faces. To say they looked shocked was an understatement.

"Wow."

"Is that why you dyed your hair? So no one would recognize you?" I nodded.

"You promise you guys won't tell anyone?" They nodded then smiled.

"I can't believe it! Liam is actually your brother!? He was always my favorite!" Liz blushed a little.

"Haha. Thanks for not totally freaking out. I know it's a lot to take in..."

"Oh it's fine. Well know that you told us your story, why did you start crying when that song came on?"

"Umm...that's my boyfriends, wait I don't know if I call him that anymore, well anyways, it was our song."