New look

-Emily's POV

        Job hunting went very well. I got a job at this cute, little cafe. I start tomorrow, so yay! After finding a job, I went to look for apartments. I had also found an apartment. Which is about 10 minutes from the cafe.

              Right now I'm at the store getting furniture. I guess you can say I have had a pretty eventful day. I had to get it done sooner or later, so why not sooner. I just hope no one recognizes me.

        After about another 2 hours and I was done. I just needed to come and pick them up in about a week. Earlier I had gotten pots, pans, plates, bowls, cups, and silverware. I had also gotten bedding, a mattress, and pillows. All of this shopping kept my mind off of things for awhile. Although I had almost lost it when I heard One Direction's new song, 18, in the middle of the store. I didn't though, even though I miss the boys, I can't go back. I will not let anything happen to the people I love, even if that means staying away and losing my true love.

        I walked into my hotel room and packed up all my stuff and left. I called a taxi and told him my new address. When we got there, I got out and took my bags. My apartment is on the top floor, so I had to take the elevator. I grabbed my keys out of my purse and unlocked the lock. I opened the door and walked in. My new home. It was very cozy and had that home feeling. Later I will print off the pictures on my phone and laptop and put them around.

        I took off my shoes and and walked into my bedroom. I was really tired. I set my alarm to 8:30 and fell asleep.

*****

        RRRIIINNNGGG! RRRIIINNNGGG! I hit the alarm off and got up slowly. I was still really tired. Good thing I only work 5 hours a day.

        I walked into the bathroom and took a shower, singing a little. I'm the only one one this floor, so I don't have to worry about neighbors, which I think is amazing. I finished my shower and went back to my room to find my outfit. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 9:15. My shift started at 9:30, so I grabbed my bag and left, making sure I locked the door before leaving. I got on the elevator and rode down, quickly getting off at the bottom. I took out my phone and headphones and put them in my ears, turning on my music.

        My walk was very short and I had arrived 5 minutes early. Tom, my boss, greeted me and told me that a girl named Rachel was going to help me out today. I nodded as he gave me an apron too, putting it on swiftly. I waited a few more minutes before the door opened, revealing 2 girls about my age. They noticed me and came over.

        "Hi! My name is Rachel and this is Elizabeth. Are you the new kid?" The one with brown hair and glasses said.

        "Hi! It's nice to meet you! My name is Emily." We shook hands and then I shook hands with Elizabeth.

        "It's nice to meet you too. You know, I have this feeling we are going to be great friends." Elizabeth said. I smiled. I needed some friends.

        "Ok, well let's get to work."

*****Afterwork****

        "Hey Emily, do you want to go to the mall with us?" I smiled and nodded. That would be perfect! I wonder if they have a hair salon there. I'm thinking about dying my hair.

        "Sure! I love shopping! But first can we stop at my place so I can change?" Earlier I had spilled coffee on myself, so yeah.

        "Sure, we can do that. Where do you live?" I told them my address and we walked to their car. They share a car because they live together and have been best friends since like first grade. It reminds me of my friends in Cali. I pushed those thoughts aside as I saw my apartment come into view. Rachel parked the car and we got out. I led them through the lobby and into the elevator.

        "How long have you lived here?" Elizabeth asked as I unlocked my door and opened it.

        "I moved in yesterday."

        "Wow! This is a nice place!" Rachel said.

        "Thanks. I get my furniture in about a week so for now you will have to sit on the floor or stand. Well I'm going to go change real fast. Be right back!" I walked into my room. I quickly put on some clothes and walked out to Rachel and Elizabeth.

        "Ok, I'm ready. Let's go!" The girls chucked. I made sure I had my credit card and 200 dollars cash. We walked out the door and I locked it. We then left. Yay shopping!!!

        We arrived about 20 minutes later and got out of the car. We walked toward the entrance. I put my sunglasses on, just in case. We walked around a bit before I noticed a hair salon.

        "Hey guys, can we go there?" I asked pointing to the place. They nodded and we walked over. When we walked in, I went to the desk and scheduled an appointment. It was about a 10 minute wait, which I was okay with. I took a seat next to Rachel and opened a book of hair styles. I turned the pages to the dye section. As I looked through, I found the perfect one. It was a soft pink color and it was really pretty. I decided on that and when it was my turn, I told the lady and she started.

        2 hours later, I was finished. I looked in the mirror. OH. MY. GOD!! It's perfect. No one could recognize me.

        "Oh. My. God. Thank you!"
        "Your welcome!" I got up paid. Then I walked over to the girls. The look on their was PRICELESS.

        "You look so pretty!!!" Elizabeth said. I laughed a little

        "Thanks!" I told them. We got up and left. We went to like 10 stores and I got at least 3 bags from each, making sure the price wasn't to much. We then left for some food.

        "I had a lot of fun. Thanks! I'll see you at work tomorrow ok?" They nodded and I went to my apartment. It was only about 8:30, so I wasn't very tired. I took all my bags to my room and unpacked them.

        I had just finished when I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. Tori. I totally forgot about her!

        "Hello?" I answered.

        "Emily! Thank god you answered! I was going to tell you in person, but, as you know, no one knows where you are!" She sounded really upset. I wonder what she is going to tell me.

"So..what do you need to tell me?" I heard her take a deep breath in.

"Danny cheated on me!" She said, nearly in tears. Wow. He did not seem like the type of guy to cheat. I guess I was wrong.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! He doesn't deserve you then." I told her.

"I know, but I thought he wasn't like that! I guess I was wrong. All he is, is a big fat jerk!" She cried.

"Don't worry! I'm sure you will find someone way better than him." I said.

"I hope. Ok, I'm going to go now. I have to get some sleep. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up. Now what to do? I could get those pictures printed.

I put all the photos on my phone and looked up the nearest place to print things. Just down the street. Score. I got my stuff and walked to the store.

When I got there, I walked to the counter, paying the man first, then walked over to the printer and hooked my phone up. I printed them all off and bought a few picture frames. I then left and walked back to my apartment.

When I got to my room, I put a picture of Niall and I in a frame and set it near my bed. Then I did the same with a picture of Liam and I. The last one I put up was a picture of all of us the day of my 17 birthday. I smiled at all of the pictures. I really miss them! They don't miss you. I thought. How could anyone miss me? I'm nothing. No one misses me that much.

I got ready for bed, got into bed, and fell asleep.

***********