Chapter 21

I eventually get up from the ground and walk downstairs. I walk to the back doors and exit the house. The cold winter air fells great with my already cool skin. I begin walking at a slow pace towards the forest where the dead rogue lies on the spear. When his body appears I walk over to him and watch as blood still drips from him slowly. He must be empty by now but, where did his blood go? I think to myself. It's not on the ground where it's supposed to be, someone must've been feeding on him. I quickly turn around when a twig snaps. The sound is very quiet telling me the stranger is farther away but close. Perhaps I'll be able to meet our little guest. I think to myself and climb up the tree effortlessly stopping my pulse so the stranger won't know I'm here. I rest in a sturdy branch waiting for the person.

After about five minutes a man appears from the darkness where I can see him perfectly without letting him know I'm here. I can tell instantly that he's a vampire, his red eyes are showing and I can hear his heart beating slowly. He's wearing a ratty shirt that is torn in all places. And a pair of jeans to match. He has blonde hair that looks like he rolled into mud and a beard to match. His features pop out at me. His cheeks are sunken in and so are his eyes. He must be so thirsty, this rogues body was providing him with the blood he needed. I jump down behind him and pin him on the tree with his body facing away from mine.

"Who are you and why are you here?" I interrogate him.

"Question is, why are you here princess," he says with a smirk. My breath is caught in my throat and I slightly let up on my grip. His voice sounds so familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I turn him around to face me and when I see him tears spring to my eyes. I pull him toward me into a never ending hug. "Hi Sylvia," he says into my neck.

"Hi Dale," I whisper. "Where have you been?" I ask pulling away from his embrace.

"Well, ever since I left Germany and your father's rule I came to America to see a land of peace. And even though I wasn't welcomed with open arms at that time I've been alone and free to my own power. It's really great actually, but I've missed you cousin," he explains to me.

"I've missed you too. Our times together were to happy to forget. By the way, my father is not ruling anymore. I took over, I am now Queen Sylvia Faust Eberhart," I announce to him.

"Oh my god, congratulations Sylvia. I know your mother is very proud of you," he says and I fall back into a hug.

"Come on," I say and release from him.

"Where are we going?" He asks as I lead him towards the pack house. "Sylvia, that's Lycan territory. We aren't allowed to...," but I cut him off.

"Oh stop your whining. My mate is the the Alpha okay," I say and he gasps.

"WHAT!! No that's impossible. Only vampires can mate with other vampires. Sylvia, you could kill him if something went wrong, that's why the mating process is the way that it is," he explains worrying for my life. If I killed Xavier, it could start another war between the two species. That's why I need to keep my distance from him for a few days.

"I understand your worrying cousin but please have trust in me that I would never purposely hurt my mate. I love him, and that's why I'm staying away from him for a few days," I explain to him. By the time we are finished talking we've reached the pack house. I open the doors quietly and walk over to the small hospital space where the two men still lay. When I look at Dale I see his red eyes focusing on the blood. He opens the door and up to the dead men taking any remaining life from them. When he returns there is blood covering his chin. "Come on, now that you've feed we can get you cleaned up and into some new clothes," I say and lead him up stairs into my room. I close the door behind me when I step into the room.

Dale walks into the bathroom closing the door in the process. I hear the shower turn on and I leave the bedroom, but I lock the door from the inside just in case. I walk down the hall and down the stairs to the laundry room. I walk in and am met with the smell of freshly clean clothes. I grab a large shirt and some jeans and return back to my room. I knock on the door and wait for Dale to open the door.

"Sylvia," I hear Xavier announce. "What are you doing? Did someone lock you out? And why do you have my clothes?" He asks all at once.

"Oh, hey. Um i m waiting for a friend to open the door, I locked myself out, and the clothes are for him," I say.

"Him?" He asks with emphasis.

"Yes, him. He's my cousin, you've nothing to worry about. Besides I wouldn't do that to you," I explain to him. His face softens at my explanation.

"I'd like to meet him, is that ok?" He asks.

"Of course we'll be down soon," I say and he walks away down the stairs.

The door opens to my bedroom, "Hey sorry I was just getting out of the shower," Dale says.

"It's fine just be downstairs in two minutes," I order and he nods. I turn from the door and walk downstairs into the living room where Xavier sits waiting.

"Sylvia, please tell me why you must stay away from me," he asks after I sit across from him.

"Just, please trust that I'm doing the right thing," I plead.

He huffs, "I don't understand, we were fine, but then you stopped, is it because of me," he asks curiously.

"Yes, it's because of you. But not in the way you imagine," I say not wanting to give the full story yet. He frowns and I look to the stairs where Dale slowly descends. "Xavier this is my cousin, Dale," I introduce.

"Sylvia, he's a vampire," Xavier says with clenched teeth.

"That's right, so am I. What's the problem?" I ask calmly.

"I will not have vampire stay here he could be hiding something," he says while grabbing Dales arm dragging him to the back door.

I step in-between them facing Xavier, "Well if he can't stay, then neither can I," I say not escaping Xavier's gaze.

He squeezes his fists by his sides and storms off up the stairs.

"Well, that went well," Dale says with a smile and I give a little chuckle.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Hey guys the picture is of Dale. Ain't he cute? Anyway hope you liked this chapter. Vote and comment, have a good day.