Chapter 20

She sucks the blood out of his neck then returns to the surface of her memories. Her eyes turn back to their green color and her eyes widen. She crawls away from the men and hides in the corner of the room hugging her knees to her chest. I unlock the door and run to her bloody form.

She stiffens, "Stay away from me!" She yells as I come closer.

"It's okay, you can't hurt me. Not now anyway," I say hoping to reassure her. She looks up into my eyes, she cries and lunges into my open arms.

"Why did I kill them?" She asks.

"Because you needed to feed, that rogue wouldn't let you because then you would be able to heal. He didn't want that," I say to her traumatized state.

"Oh," is all she says. "How long was I gone?" She asks.

"At least two months," I reply. "Can I ask, what did they do to you?" I ask her and she huffs trying not to cry.

"All I can think of is them beating me and, all I do is beg for blood. I held out for a long time in a cell without the source. And when I finally gave in they let me feed, but I had to kill my only friend there," she explains. I feel terrible, why couldn't I have been there sooner? They were beating her to death, my anger rises when I feel a small hand on my chest. "Don't be angry, I'm just happy you found me," she says happily and I smile all the anger leaving my body.

"I will never let anything like this happen to you ever again, I promise," I say to her and she smiles. In one swift movement her lips are on mine. The kiss is sweet with the slightest taste of blood, but I ignore it. The feeling is too great, but like all good things, they must come to an end. She pulls away with a smile plastered on her beautiful face.

"Do you mind if I get showered up?" She asks.

"Of course, you don't need permission from me," I say to her as I stand up from the floor pulling her up with me. We turn and walk towards the door with her head in my chest looking away from the bodies. When we exit the room I tell the guards by the door to take the bodies and burn them so there's no trace. They nod and I lead my mate up to my room. We walk into my bedroom and I close the door behind me while Sylvia walks into the bathroom. She the shower on and steps inside and I walk over to my bed and sit down trying hard not to look.

Moments later I hear the water stop and she comes out from the steaming room with a towel wrapped around her. I hear my wolf growl in pleasure and I can tell he would take her if I let him take over, but I stay in control. I gulp, "Did you have a nice shower?" I ask with a smile.

She nods, "The best one I've had in at least two months," she says and my smile is wiped from my face.

"I'm so sorry Sylvia," I say and drop my head into my hands.

I hear her walk over to me and she kneels in front of me. "Hey, don't worry, I'm here now. That's all that matters now," she says reassuring me.

"I know but...," I begin but she cuts me off.

"No buts," she says as she takes my head in her hand while the other holds the towel. "I love you," she says and presses her lips against mine.

Sylvia's POV

The kiss is sweet, just like it's always been. He leans back as I straddle his lap and release my towel. His hands immediately find my breasts and he squeezes them lightly. I moan against his lips allowing him to gain access to my mouth. His tongue explores while I move to his shirt running my hands down his body to his crotch. I remove my lips from his and bring them to his neck. I kiss down his neck and I remember my times without him in the back seat of my victims, I feel my fangs elongate and I stop myself before I take my mates life. I push off of him grabbing my towel in the process.

"What's wrong?" He asks not knowing what was about to happen.

"Nothing I just, I just need some air," I say and walk out of the room and into the one I used to stay in. I walk into the closet and slide on a pair of jeans and a maroon T-shirt. I use the towel to dry my hair a little then walk out into the hallway. Xavier is standing outside of his door, I can tell he was waiting for me. He starts walking toward me but I back up making him stop. I can tell he's heartbroken by my actions but I don't want to tell him that I almost killed him. He might lock me away from him and then I would be heartbroken. I don't want to stay away from him but I'm going to have to for at least a couple of days.

"What's wrong? Please don't keep away from me, I love you," he says sincerely. I want to listen to him but I don't want to hurt him. I feel if I were to bite him I wouldn't be able to stop until I drained his blood, which I'm sure is sweet.

"I have to stay away, but only for a little while, I don't want to hurt you," I say.

"You won't hurt me, you never would," he says reassuringly.

"I already almost killed you in there!" I shout pointing to his room. "Just give me some time alone, please?" I ask hoping he'll allow it.

"Fine, stay away from me if you want, I don't care," he huffs and walks into his room slamming the door in the process. A tear escapes from my eye that I didn't know was there and I fall to the floor hoping the pain in my heart will subside.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated recently I've been hounded with homework and it sucks, ugh. Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter like and comment please. I still want to know what you think about the story wither you like it or not.