Chapter 6

My heart beats for joy, as I run fallowing the scent into the kitchen. I look to the man at the stove and he looks back at me. I wait for the connection but I am disappointed when nothing happens.

     "Are you okay?" He asks seeming worried.

     "I'm fine," I spit at him with so much pain in my heart.

     "Well jeez I was only asking," he says to me with just as much force.

     I walk out of the kitchen and wonder what could've gone wrong. The scent was there, but no connection. He must've been cooking, that's why he was in front of the stove. I feel so stupid, why would my mate be cooking anyway. He should be a high powered man not even having to lift a finger.

     It is now 7:00pm so I decide to take a shower and go straight to bed. I slowly make my way up to my temporary room, when I get there I walk in and close the door behind me. I lean against it and fall to the floor praying that I'll find my mate, and that this is just a temporary thing. After about five minutes, I get up and strip free of any clothing on my body. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower, waiting a few moments for the water to become warm. I step in allowing the warm water wash over me, helping me to forget everything I've been through. I thoroughly wash my body and hair then step out, wrapping a towel around me. I walk over to my bag grabbing a pair of shorts and a shirt, I make my way over to the large bed. I fold down the sheets and lay down waiting for sleep to take over.

     It never does so I get back up and go over to my bag grabbing the map. I walk back over to the bed and sit down laying the map in front of me marking another castle in France, my last resort. I have to be back home on the day before the wedding which is the day after tomorrow. I just pray he's at the next destination, I think to myself before I fall asleep dreaming of my mate.