Police Officers and Bad Day-55

Start from the beginning

I gathered my hair and tied it into a high pony tail. I could feel the un-rinsed shampoo as it made my hair feel a bit greasy.

I officially finished changing and it took way too little time. I’m not ready to face them; I’m scared of what might happen or what I might hear.

I slipped out of the bathroom and turned around the small corner. There stood Harry in his towel as he chatted with the officers.

I grabbed all their attention as I walked in. I’m not sure how Harry can just act normal and calm with police officers. When I’m at the mall or just taking a walk and I see an officer walk by I feel nervous as hell, no matter how innocent I am, I feel like I did something bad that I needed to hide when in their presence.

“Hello Miss, I’m Officer Gordon and this is my partner Officer Smith. We’re here from an anonymous request. We will need to take you in for questioning; we’re only going to ask you questions based on a person’s personality. We’ve been informed that you are familiar with this person and that you could help us close this case.”

I can’t explain how confused I am. I briefly look at Harry, I was curious as to what he was thinking. His face didn’t show much worry as he nodded.

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to drive her down. I think she’ll be more comfortable with that.” Harry announced grabbing onto my hand.

“That’s fine, as long as she comes in before noon today,” Said Officer Smith.

“I’ll be there,” I smiled nervously as I nodded to confirm.

“Well, thank you for your time; we’ll be seeing you soon. Here is our card, call us if you need any directions or anymore details.”

We walked them to the door and it didn’t take them long to leave. Once Harry shut the door and locked it, he looked over at me and smiled.

“How can you smile, I’m so paranoid right now!” I yelled crossing my arms over my chest. He chuckled and walked over to me. He pulled me into a hug as he placed a small kiss to my cheek.

“You heard them; they just want your opinion on some person. Be thankful that it wasn’t anything worse.”

I nodded, but my nerves never left. “Still, I’m so nervous! I don’t want to be put in those interrogation rooms. I get all awkward when I’m being questioned! Ugh, what would happen if I didn’t show? They couldn’t do anything, right?”

Harry laughed. “You’re going, and don’t worry, nothing will happen. I promise I’ll be waiting outside of the room for you.”

I looked at him suspiciously. He’s acting way too calm, something’s up and I know it.

“Why are you acting so weird?” I mumbled, looking at his cheeky face.

“No reason,”

“Harry!” I yelled playfully. “Don’t lie, what’re you hiding?”

“I’m not hiding anything, I’m just happy.” He replied innocently. “And if you want to know what I’m thinking of that’s making me happy I’m more than willing to tell you.”

“Tell me then,”

“Well, I was just thinking about last night and how much fun we had. Not even police officers’ taking you in for questioning is going to change my happy mood.”

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. Of course that’s why he was acting so weird. He’s still in a slight frenzy.

“Oh,” I mumbled, slightly embarrassed for no reason.