An Explanation-46

Harry’s POV

I insisted on driving us to her dad’s house, but she refused. She claimed that I would get into a car crash driving in an American style car.  Although I’m a great driver and I could handle driving I gave in just for her satisfaction. We agreed on getting someone to drive us there. We both managed to agree on getting a limo. Why a limo? Well, I believe she should be as comfortable as I can make her. She’s already unsure about how things will go down when she sees her dad, and she’s already a little upset that I’m going with her, so I might as well give her some kind of comfort.

I sat in the seat across from Skylar. My body was facing her, but she managed to position herself so she wouldn’t have to face me.

She was gazing out the window, taking in the view of the sunset’s reflection on the water. The sight was beautiful. The sky was an orangey-red shade. It reminded me of a picture you’d see on a post card. The limo drove down the route where the beach was in complete view and as beautiful as it was, it had Skylar’s full attentions.

I wanted to talk to her about anything. For the most part of this car ride, it felt a little awkward. I have so much to say to her. She has so much hidden from me and I want to find out.

Her hair was all pushed behind her head falling down the length of her back. Her knees were pulled to her chest as her arms wrapped tightly around them. She was biting her lip nervously as she continued to think.

I knew she was thinking about what might happen when we arrive. I’m still wondering what might had happened when she lived down here. She doesn’t seem too excited to visit him, and that only makes me more curious. I want to push on the subject, but at the same time I don’t want to cross any lines. I don’t want her to get any madder at me than she already is.

 She was wearing a simple, cream coloured shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. Just like usual, she made such an average outfit look amazing. She didn’t bother with any makeup today, and I loved it. She already has such a pretty face that makeup wasn’t something she really needs.

“You can stop looking at me now.” Skylar mumbled, looking in my direction.

“You look really nervous.” I said, ignoring her comment. “Want to talk about it?”

She shook her looking back towards the window. “I’d rather not.”

I sighed, getting off my seat and taking the one next to her. She didn’t seem to keen about me sitting so much closer to her, but she didn’t look like she wanted to be left alone.

“You never told me about your relationship with your dad.”

“It’s not something I liked to talk about...with anyone, not just you.” She curled a loose strand of hair behind her ear and glanced out the window.

“Talk to me about what happened. You can trust me Skylar. I promise.”

She looked at me and shook her head. “I’m not ready to talk to you about it; I just don’t trust you yet...” I could tell by the way she spoke; she didn’t want to offend me. That’s one of the many reasons why I fell for Skylar so easily. Although she is right, she doesn’t want to hurt someone’s feelings, even after someone hurts her.

I nodded in reply. I felt a little heartbroken that she still didn’t trust me, but I have to get use to her not looking at me the same way she used to. I hurt her, lost her trust and now earning it back from her isn’t going to be too easy.

We sat in silence for majority of the car ride. I examined her body position, and from how much I know of her, she was definitely in deep thought. It’s like I can read her mind, because I know what she’s thinking about.