Chapter 3 : Calm Before Storm

Mikage Forest. Once was the home of Branch of infamous Zeref the Black Wizard worshipers cult, Avatar, but now it became the Headquarter of the most illusive, yet strongest Dark Guild, The Solias. The forest now covered by thick mist which prevented the outsiders to going in and out, that's if they managed to go through the mist without getting lost or killed. Up until now, no one managed to find the Headquarter, let alone survive on finding their members.

The building itself was separated into two floors. First floor was for normal Mages and the second floor is exclusively for the Executive Five, the Solias's 5 S-Class Mages, the Guild Trusty and the Leader. A certain man with cyan neck-length hair and green eyes was always curious about their S-Class Mages, but the only way to see them was becoming the S-Class Mage himself. However, a S-Class Mage became the traitor after he ran away from the guild, leaving his title free to take, and he won the title easily. He knew he was currently the strongest among the normal Mages.

Hesitated, he went to the second floor after he was declared he won and became the S-Class Mage. He had no clue what would happen to him if they didn't accept him as one of them. However, he was only greeted by sounds of typing repeatedly. A girl with cat-shaped like hoodie was sitting on the coach, playing game with her Magic Screen, and mumbling so quietly to herself. He didn't know if the girl as too busy with her game or she just ignored his presence. The silence was broke off when a heavy and chilling aura was entering the room. The boy looked around and found out it was their Guild Trusty, Mikhail Kirshner.

"Elaine..." The man spoke as he looked to the girl. "You should've greeted our newest S-Class Mage."

"I'm busy..." She answered back without looking at Mikhail, but eventually gave up as Mikhail glared at her. "Fine... Welcome, Luke Fenske the Lightning God Slayer."

"Thank..." The boy was about to thank her welcome, but stopped. "How did you..."

"Luke Fenske. Joined 5 years ago by the age of 17. Learning Lightning God Slayer Magic from a magic book from your teacher. Both of your parents were died in an accident, leaving their only son to the orphanage." The Elaina girl stated his biography as she knew perfectly about him while still playing her game.

"Elaine stores every detailed info about the Mages in Solias with her magic, so it's not strange if she knows you before you know her, maybe even more than you know yourself." Mikhail answered his confusion as he walked out.

"Uhm...where are you going, Mr...Kirshner?" Luke was hesitated to ask his Guild Trusty, afraid he would make a mistake.

"I need to supervise those three before they destroy a town during their 'special job'." He answered with monotone tone. Before he was gone, he turned to Elaine. "Take care of this newest Mage. I don't want him to be...traitor like him."

"Gotcha." She replied casually and Mikhail was gone.

"The traitor...who's that?" Luke asked her curiously as he only heard rumors about him.

"Formerly a human experiment in a forbidden Magic Laboratory until he's 13. Found and became Solias's Mage after that. Have a talent in Flame God Slayer Magic which he was learnt in the Facility. Mikhail's student in swordsmanship and attendant. Became the 5th S-Class Mage and assassin at the age of 15. Became the traitor at the age of 18." She stated casually while still playing her game. Luke didn't miss the hint of venom when Elaine mention the traitor word. He's even more surprised with her next words. "He's probably the purest and kind-hearted person in this Dark Guild."

"Pure and...kind-hearted?" Luke was so confused right now. It was different from what he heard before. "I heard he's so cowardly and weak. Some even said he became S-Class Mage because Mikhail favored him so much and made him become S-Class Mage."