Chapter 16

Pov: Kagome
The place I was in was dark. There was nothing but a pink, hazy cloud a few feet ahead, and there was no sound. I took a tentative step dorward, my instincts screaming to run away. As soon as my feet entered the fog, Naraku appeared.
"Thank you, Kagome. You gave me everything I need." He laughed.
"No... i never helped you Naraku. I would never do such a monstrous thing." I snapped back.
"Oh? But you already have. Thanks to you, Inuyasha had everything, and then we took it away from him. Everything." Naraku laughed again, with a note of sarcasm in his voice.
"Naraku! Why am I like this?" I asked.
"Because I took your soul. I want you to swear your loyalty and beg to me on hands and feet. And then, you will be my servant, and you will help me destroy Inuyasha." Naraku glanced at me, and then snapped, "well? Will you help or not?"
"I will never help you, Naraku. I will never help you even if you threaten my death. I swear that I will do everything in my power to destroy you!" With every word I said, my voice rang with more firmness and confidence. I truly believed I could defeat Naraku, and i was prepared for death if that was my cost.

"Very well. May you rot in this cavern of your mind forever." Naraku said, trying to sound cool. But instead, his voice wavered, and his eyes shone with fear.
"Naraku, I think not. I will not stay here. I forbid you, Naraku, to ever trap Inuyasha, Sakura, or I in a trap similar to this, or even this trap. Naraku, you shall not fouch my family!" I shouted strange words that my instincs told me to say. The words were hard to pronounce, and they were weired for a half demon.

"Naraku, descendant of Onigumo, I pronouce that the Inutaisho's great family will rule over you, and you will be destroyed! Neyjavo goniaji, Naraku, Onigumo, Kanna, anyone with you, Naraku, shall wither and become worse than worms! Nayğafo æneks ļęůòö! Æğööŕť ďęņßķ!" (These words were all made up. They have no meaning. This is a spiritual curse.)

Naraku's face contorted in fear, and then, with a flash of lightning, we were both surrounded in a hot pink, light purple light. Another bright bursts of light, and there was a beautiful lady. She had a wreath of pink light, warped into a twisted crown. The she had on taditional Japanese clothes, and her pale face looked sad.
"I am Akira. I was the first priestess before I became the god of mikos. Kagome, you are the perfect host for me to be able to return to the world of the humans. Then I can proclaim my existence!" She said softly.

"My lady, I understand you want people to be aware of you, but I will not allow you to inhabit me. What of my family? What will they do without me?" I asked. I bent on one knee, and slowly twisted my hand in a traditional Japanese miko way of saying, I will not accept you. I knew it was mean, but I couldnt leave that idiot Inuyasha on his own. He would burn down the house!

"I see. Then let me split your body with you. Then you can return to the mortal world, and I wont be in your way. Then you can have everything you once had, and more. You will have the power of the gods with you. You know what called me to help you? Your spiritual power. The powwr of your curse against Naraku drew me to you. Keep that power. Now, let's go fight Naraku in the real world!" Akira flew through me, and then I felt the sensation of two souls merging as one. I was ready to fight naraku and see my family again.
I am not going to die yet, Naraku.
Not yet.