Chapter 9

Kagome's pov
"A what? No, it cant. No." I reached up to check my head for ears. "What type of half demon?" I asked hesitantly. "Dog..... or wolf. It is too early. Say, how old are you?" He asked. "15." I replied quickly. (Boy, our kagome is growing up fast!) "When you turn 16 you will transform for the first time. But you have to be tied down." "Gee, that is the best way to spend your 16th birthday, huh." I muttered. Inuyasha's ear twitched as he stifled a laugh. "Nah, it's because your demon will take over and destroy everything in sight, unless- you know what, never mind." He said, blushing a bit. "What? Wait, on my 16th birthday? Thats.... in a few days!" I nearly shouted. "Really? So you have to go to your era and grab some ropes. Strong ropes. If you are a dog, you can bite through the vines here, but i couldnt chance that you aren't a wolf." He muttered. "Inuyasha, i have a question." I asked. "What?" He said carefully. "What were you about to say earlier?" "Well, you see, all demons, youkai (full demons) and hanyou (half demons) have soul mates. Soul mates are the other half of us demons, and if they are around us, we can't lose control to our demon. Especially when it is our first time being half/whole demons." He explained. "Did you transform with your soul mate?" I asked. "No. I haven't found her yet. She has to have transformed once before to know." He said sadly. "Oh. I am sorry i asked." I said, and walked over to the well. "Hey, kagome!" Inuyasha called out from behind me. I stopped and turned. "Yes?" I asked. "Dont be sorry. I am glad i told you." He said, and then turned and jumped away. I smiled, and jumped into the well.
Inuyasha's pov
What if..... no. There is no possible way that she is.... no. I cant get my hopes up. "Inuyasha.... i see you've chosen. Well, kikyo is lucky to have someone like you. You were my first love. Maybe i can be more comfortable around other boys, now. Or you can be more comfortable with koga considering....." she trailed off, a small smile on her lips, and tiny tears trailing down her face sadly. "Kagome, i-" "sh... i will be okay." She said. I felt something, something small, like my demon howling in misery.....
"Inuyasha!" A voice yelled, startling me from my thoughts. "Huh?" I called, jumping down from the tree. "I'm back. I got the ropes you asked for and some ninja food. I also asked my mom what hour i was born, and she said at 3 in the morning." She giggled, a light blush tinting her cheeks. She looked really cute when she giggled, and blushed, and also when she smiled. It was as if.... no. I had to save my feelings for my mate. Yes. For my- "inuyasha, are you okay? You are looking really constipated." She said, giggling again. "Yah, i am fine. So, tomorrow, we will have to tie you up around two." I said. "Okay..... but i really have to be tied up for my 16th birthday...." she muttered. She whipped out a small.. what does she call it... book? And started writing in it. "What are you writing?" I asked. "About tomorrow, considering i cant write about my birthday." She said, laughing now. "What?" I asked. "Your expression! You.... you cant read, and when you tried reading this..." she was laughing so hard that she couldnt breathe, and she was holding her stomach to help. "Hmmph." I muttered, and then walked away. "Look, I'm sorry, inuyasha. Just your expression. ...." she trailed off, reminding me of my dream. I chose kikyo? But.....
The next morning (1 a.m.)
Kagome's pov
"Psst! Kagome, it is 1 a.m. we have to tie you up now." Inuyasha said, sitting over me. I blushed as i realised how close he was to me. He blushed too, and then pulled back. I whimpered a little at the retreat of warmth, and his ear twitched. "You know, i was considering to let you rampage the villages." He joked. "Very nice." I mumbled, and then yawned. He picked me up and jumped over to a small plank of wood with large branches to tie the ropes down. "Okay, so this is going to hurt, not me tying you up, but you changing." He explained. Oh, nice. Surprisingly, it took inuyasha an hour to tie me up. When he finally finished, the alarm clock (it just needed batteries, not power) rang. 3 oclock. I screamed as i felt un humane pain behind my skull, and inuyasha shifted, casting a mysterious shadow over me. I looked up at his face, and the pain stopped, just as soon as he looked at me in the eyes. Shock registered in his face as he realised what happened. He quickly slashed through the ropes, and helped me sit up, still staring. I could feel ears sprouting up, and fangs growning in my mouth. Then i felt my nails turn to claws. I looked down at them. "This is going to make nail polishing super hard." I muttered, and inuyasha smiled, just a little. "Look, i'm sorry inuyasha. I-" "hush. It's fine. I was hoping, anyways, but i thought you were human, that is why i didnt sense, and so.... yah." He said quickly, blushing now. "So, what is step two of the ritual?" I asked, to cover up the silence. "Well, after demons find the.... you know, they mate. It means... well, that, and also, each demon bites the neck of each other, to prove to others that they are... yah know... together." He explained, blushing. "Well?" I asked. "Well what?" He asked, blushing profoundly. "Are you going to....?" I asked, my turn to blush now. "Okay. But kagome, this is going to hurt." He said. "I know. But, inuyasha, there is no one else that i would like to start a family with. By the way, if i ever come back after explaining to my mom that i am a half demon, and that i, you know, dont expect me to come back in one peice. Or at least, in one peice." I said. "Well, let's get started." He said, and then picked me up to go to a more.... unseen place to hide, er.... you know. They're mates.
Hi guys! So i am going to skip this part because i dont want to do a lemon. If you want a lemon, dont ask me. So, what do you think? Inuyasha and kagome are mates?so when i come back, kagome and inuyasha are just coming back. Skipping the lemon. Hey, that's a good book title...... if you want me to change anything, comment directly, or comment here, or on my page. Thanks! Comment, vote, and share. Thanks!
Mbrownie