Chapter 36: You've Been a Bad Boy

Start from the beginning

Nikki nudged Kennedy. "Call Jevon so we can leave."

Kennedy walked towards the window dreading making the call. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Jevon, are you still at home?" She looked over her shoulder. "Can you give Gabby and me a ride to Pizza Inn?" she paused. "Okay, I'm at Nikki's and we will be done in a second. Thanks," she said before hanging up.

She turned around to see her friends staring at her. "He's on his way."

Portia started to giggle. "Stop acting like that was so hard. It's just a ride girl." She walked out the door with everyone following behind her.

On the ride over to the pizzeria, Kennedy barely said a word. Gabby sat quietly in the back seat listening to the radio and watched them looking uncomfortable.

Once they arrived at Pizza Inn, Kennedy couldn't get out the car fast enough. "Thanks Jevon," she said grabbing Gabby's hand and quickly walked to the restaurant entrance.

He slowly walked behind them, kicking himself for not saying anything to her. "Jevon get in here man before everyone eats all the free pizza," Rico yelled while holding open the door for Portia, Sabrina and Nikki who kissed him before she walked inside the door.

He looked over at Jevon who was already in a mood. "So you brought your ex to the party and your current girl or whatever she is just got here about ten minutes ago.

"Who Tabitha? Man let's get this party over so I can bounce," Jevon said pushing his friend in the door.

Gabby and Kennedy stood in the long line to grab pizza while the others were outside already eating at one of the outdoor tables. Gabby looked around, spotting Eric sitting beside Coco and Paula in a booth. She rolled her eyes and grabbed a plate off the table when it was their turn to get food.

They moved on to the drink line when Chance walked behind Kennedy and kissed the top of her head. "What's up Kennedy?" He said looking down at her and glanced at Gabby.

Kennedy turned to give him a hug. "Hi Chance, I didn't know you were coming," she looked over his shoulder to spot Ariel standing by Jevon laughing and giggling. Predictable!

"I came to celebrate the last day of school with everyone and Ariel," he whispered. He let her out of his embrace. "Sorry to be so rude, who is your friend?" he asked eyeing Gabby whose eyes were glued to him.

Kennedy noticed the exchange between them. "This is my good friend Gabby and Gabby this is my boyfriend's brother, Chance."

Chance reached for her hand and shook it. "Hi Gabby, it's nice to meet you." He looked at her from head to toe and let her hand go slowly. Kennedy took a sip of her drink, amused by him flirting with her friend.

"Hi, Chance it's nice to meet you. Do you go to Stony high because I don't think I've seen you before?" she said smiling.

Kennedy took a bite out of her pizza and continued to watch the two of them. She was surprised at how hard Chance was staring at Gabby.

"No, I don't. I graduated last week from my high school in Michigan and just moved back to help my family run Carafe café."

"I'm sure you are glad you're done with high school. Three more years and that will be me." She said moving to the side when a group of teens walked pass them.

Chance turned and looked over at Ariel, standing next to her friends with her face twisted up. "It will go by super quick," he said clearing his throat. "Well it was nice meeting you," he turned to Kennedy. "I'll talk with you later. The queen seems to have a bit of an attitude and we just got here," he smiled at Gabby one last time before walking away.