Chapter 34: Moonlite Bonefire

The sun was setting with a beautiful backdrop coming from across the ocean. The girls arrived to the Pier before the boys and unpacked firewood, blankets and snacks from Nikki's mother truck. The boys were responsible for the food, drinks and lawn chairs.

Nikki waved at her mom when she started backing away from the top of the Pier. "It's about to be on and popping. Are you sure Greg is bringing the music and drinks?" Nikki asked Sabrina who was stacking wood into the bonfire.

"Yes, he said his cousin is hooking him up with a cooler and bringing it," she said striking the huge match and throwing it onto the wood. The flame jumped out of the pit, causing Sabrina to quickly step away before her hair went up in flames. "Maybe I put a little too much firewood in," she said laughing.

"You think? We would be out here all night before your fire burned out," Kennedy said laughing. She pulled out a pack of gum from her purse and tossed her bag onto the blanket.

Nikki was whispering into her phone. "Rico, you can't be serious. No, please tell me they are not with you?" She paused. "Why did you tell him? Okay, well this is about to get real interesting or really awkward," she glanced up at the Pier and watched Rico, Jevon, and Ariel walk along the Pier and down the steps.

"Um, guys, before you lose your shit, this was not my idea and I'm so sorry." She said whispering.

Kennedy and Sabrina exchanged glances until they heard Rico's voice. They turned around and Kennedy gasped. "What the freaking hell Nikki?" she hissed. "Who told them to come?"

Sabrina shook her head. "Well I didn't expect the two of them to show up to a couple's event?"

Rico dropped his bags and kissed Nikki on the cheek. "Hey babe, don't be upset. Chance is with Constantine and Greg is parking his car," Rico could feel the tension coming from Kennedy before hugging her.

He whispered in her ear. "Be cool, sis, everything will be all good," he moved over to Sabrina and kissed her cheek. "You might want to help Greg. I'm not sure he can carry the box and the platter of dessert he bought from the bakery."

She winked at him and waved at Jevon upon passing.

Jevon watched Ariel smirking at Kennedy. She was taunting her without saying a word. She removed her shoes and sat down in the sand. "It's a beautiful night. Wouldn't you agree Kennedy?"

Kennedy's head snapped around. She glared at her and walked behind Sabrina up the Pier when she noticed her talking to Constantine and Chance as they were walking down the stairs.

"Ariel, chill out and act like you have a little bit of sense. Nobody wants to witness you get smacked around because you can't keep your trap shut," Jevon said warning her.

Rico started to laugh. "My money is on Kennedy. Baby girl had the devil in her eye when she saw you. If you want your makeup to stay put, I'd keep my smart comments to a minimum," he winked at Nikki who agreed with her man.

Ariel rolled her eyes. "Please, she better think twice before messing with me," she said, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

Rico walked backwards and stopped in front of her. "She won't have to think twice, she will just drown you. Just stop trash talking before you get tossed around like a rag doll."

She put her hand on her hip. "No what you need to do is mind your own business and my baby won't let anyone lay a finger on me. I suggest you just keep it moving," she said pointing.

Nikki came from behind him. "Oh shut the hell up before you have to deal with me," she was two seconds from punching Ariel in the face. Rico grabbed her arm and pulled her away. "Babe, she's not worth it. Come on."