Chapter 15 ~ Hyaenodon

When you think of a wedding, you imagine a couple, deeply in love, willing to give their everything to each other and bind themselves together completely. You imagine a day of love and happiness, family and friends. You don't imagine a prehistoric creatures on a rampage trying to kill each and every one of the guests, or a team of scientists, chasing them around, trying to contain a disaster. But Jenny Lewis might have guessed, after working for the ARC, that she wasn't going to have an entirely normal wedding day.

~

"Me again," Abby spoke into the phone, now annoyed by constantly being met by voicemail, "Connor we need to talk, call me."

She hung up the phone, pacing the room. Jenny sat in front of the mirror, her two bridesmaids getting her ready for her big day. Abby still paced the room, already dressed and ready. Anna sat on the bed, pulling a needle through a black piece of material which Abby would wear as a headband, having pulled a thread in it earlier.

"There," Anna said suddenly spring in off the bed in her bathrobe, not really wanting to put her dress on yet. She beckoned Abby over and she tilted her head down as Anna fixed the band into her short blond hair.

It was strange to Abby in a dress, but there was no doubt she looked great. Her dress was short and blue, her hair crimped and down, with her black headband now in place.

Anna sat back down on the bed and Abby sat beside her, "Now I'm worried, he doesn't normally ignore me for this long,"

"Oh don't worry, he's probably just nursing a really massive hangover," Jenny said. But Abby seemed rather focused on the idea that something was wrong.

Anna took herself into the dressing room, which was through the door to her right. She pulled her dress from the wardrobe and unzipped the back, before stepping into it. When she pulled the sleeves up she found her first obstacle; the zip at the back. But before she could attempt it, the door opened and Abby stepped in. Through the mirror, Anna could see the expression.

"Look at you," she sighed, a beam on her face. Abby rarely showed such emotions, but she looked at Anna with admiration. But Anna's expression was one of embarrassment, she did not feel entirely comfortable in the dress. She couldn't remember the last time she went to wedding or any occasion, in fact, where she had to dress up like this.

Abby walked closer, helping Anna with the zip until she wore the dress properly. Yet she remained behind Anna, still admiring how her best friend looked. The dress was a cream colour, but that was barely visible, as it was covered in a black lace material. The black material was woven into dark flower shapes and vines with leaves, which lay in a pattern around the dress. The lace did leave patches of the cream under-layer on show. What was most eye catching was the contrast of black on top of cream. It was a short dress, resting just above her knee, and had sleeves which came down a little below her elbow. Her hair was in its usual loose curls but had most of it taken back from her face. Her fringe sitting gently on her forehead.

"You look amazing," Abby said.

Anna let a weak smile leave her lips, but she would need a while to actually begin to feel comfortable dressed like that.

"Though, I must admit..." Abby started.

"What?"

"I never thought I'd see you in a dress like this," she laughed.

Anna agreed; on any other occasion she wouldn't dream of dressing like that, but it was Jenny's wedding.

Anna made her way down the corridors, the sound of classical music filling her ears, she prayed it would not play throughout the entire wedding. She crossed the landing and reached the top of the stairs, beginning to make her way down them. At the bottom she noticed Becker, stood in his uniform, with his back to her.