Chapter 12 ~ The Worm {Part Three}

The screams echoed across the fields. Anna and Abby ran at full speed, tying to reach the caravan site before the creature caused any more damage. Who knows what it had already done? They ran down a hill and though a small cluster of trees before reaching the gates to the caravan site. They didn't bother opening the gate, Anna jumped over it, closely followed by Abby.

"Spilt up?" Abby suggested. So Anna sprinted left and Abby took the right.

There were so many caravans and they all looked identical. Anna searched everywhere, how hard could it by to find a Labyrinthodont in a caravan site?

She carried on until she heard another scream, she ran in its direction until it was only around the corner. She was dreading what she was she going to find. Anna stood with her back against a caravan, her EMD raised and took a deep breath. Turning as running out into the clearing she found not creature, but simply two young boys playing with water guns, squealing whenever they got hit.

Anna sighed, "Boys," she whispered. They looked a little confused as she stood with a gun in her hands, "Get inside, lock the door," she said.

"Cool gun!" The youngest said, they both walked to her, "Can we see?"

Just then the loudest roar came from their left and the creature came prowling around the corner. It was long, very long, "Run!" She yelled to the boys. But they just stood there in shock, "Go! Now, run!" This time they obeyed and ran.

"Anna!" Abby shouted, running into the clearing behind the creature, before Anna could react, the creature swung its tail violently, hitting Abby in the side. She collapsed to the ground unconscious.

The Labyrinthodont was just about to take a large bite out of Abby when Anna yelled, "No!" She picked up a glass bottle that was lying on the grass and threw it at the Labyrinthodont. The creature turned and growled advancing on Anna. She threw on last object at the creature before turning and sprinting in the opposite direction, trying to draw it away from Abby who lay defenceless on the ground.

The creature was fast, too fast for Anna to run from so she ran to the door of a caravan, it was locked. She searched desperately for a key until a metal object shone in the sun beside the door. Shoving the key in the lock, Anna pushed open the door just as the creature jumped for the caravan. Anna shut the door just in time and locked it, even though a Labyrinthodont could open a door.

The impact of the creature jumping on the caravan sent Anna flying back, hitting her back on a wall. She was thrown about the caravan like a rag doll as the creature fought desperately to get in. Then suddenly it went quiet, too quiet. When she rose for the floor, a faint creaking could be heard from the roof. She crept across the carpet to stand under the small window on the roof, looking up. To Anna's misfortune, the glass above her head smashed, she leapt back, sliding down the wall, her EMD raised as the creatures head came through the hole in the roof, snapping its jaws.

With a sudden idea in her head she stood up and ran to the from of the caravan. She grabbed the keys and stared the vehicle. If the creature was on the roof then she could drive it away from the campsite, "Come on then,"

"Anna?" Connor's voice came through COM's. If Connor knew that Abby was hurt, then he'd pull out of his task and come to find her, much to Philip's anger, "Everything ok?"

Anna slammed on the acceleration and began to drive through the campsite, "Fine!" She lied.

"Where's Abby?" He asked.

"She's here, her COM's are down," she lied again. She couldn't help but feel bad for lying to Connor, but now wasn't the best time to tell him that Abby was unconscious back at the caravan site.