Chapter 3 ~ A Prehistoric Disaster

"Yeah, that's not meant to happen." Connor said.

Everyone stared at Connor, Abby rolled her eyes and Becker sighed, remembering how graceless Connor was. After a year in the Cretaceous, he still had not changed, apart from looks that is. Abruptly, the gateway began to fluctuate. It's colour shifted and the light grew and shrank until it was almost impossible to look at. Through the anomaly flew a very familiar silver object, "That's my blanket!" Abby said, before anyone could react to this, a deafening barrage filled the street and the Spinosaurus slowly made it's way through the anomaly.

"Oh great! I thought you were dead!" Anna hissed at the beast, whilst been pulled back by Becker.

"Jess, we've got a large Theropod incursion. I need a grid map of the area two miles radius" Matt said, as if speaking to thin air. Then Anna noticed he was wearing an earpiece, "Just give me the biggest enclosed space you can." Matt sounded serious now, perhaps, Anna thought, he was more qualified than he seemed to be. Becker raised his gun, it was different to any they had used in the past. This was silver and black and appeared to be some sort of taser. To Anna this was a relief, it meant they did not have to kill the creatures, just stun them. For Becker, however, this was not as fun as using a real gun.

Matt and Becker each climbed into separate cars, telling the others to wait at the anomaly. The Spinosaurus had sped off down the east street after the two cars, Becker and Matt were leading it to the stadium.

"Are we going to wait here then?" Connor asked Anna.

"No!" Anna said climbing into a car. She was not one to sit around and wait for someone to do something for her. Anna was reckless and enjoyed chasing pre-historic creatures; it was her job.

Abby and Connor followed Anna into the vehicle, Abby took the passenger seat and Connor climbed in the back seat. "Do you remember how to drive?"

"Believe me. It's not just something you forget, Connor," Anna said, a little more serious giving the circumstances. An Spinosaurus could cause extensive damage to London, damage that would not go down well with the public. As Anna switched on the engine, she realised something, the pre-historic time she had left, not ten minutes ago was home to Autumn leaved. But the trees in London were full and green, not showing any sign of sheading their burden. It was also much warmer.

When Anna was sure it was safe, she set off, "Your driving to close to the kerb, Anna," Connor yelped from the back seat.

"Connor! Anna is driving perfectly fine," Abby reassured him.

As Anna turned the corner, the Spinosaurus was stood on the road with absolutely no clue where to go. Anna sped down the street and managed to overtake it just before it's foot attempted to crush them.

But there was only one problem, Becker and Matt each were parked either side of the creature and it seemed to take a liking to Matts car. Anna needed Becker to move his car but had no way to tell him. Abby clearly understood Anna's worried expression as she stopped the car; she began to rummage through the dashboard until she found a radio and handed it to Anna.

"Becker?" Anna said pressing the button to activate the radio.

"What the hell are you doing?" Becker's voice emanated through the radio.

"It doesn't matter, I need you to get it's attention and then move out of the way, it will only follow what's moving." Anna ordered.

Becker suddenly pressed his horn and the Spinosaurus turned to see Becker reversing. But the Spinosaurus turned to Matt's car again and charged, it's foot crushing the bonnet of the black vehicle.