Chapter Seven

"What the fuck?" Christian exclaims, sitting upright and looking around. Lights are flashing around us and the alarms haven't stopped. Christian climbs out of bed and rushes to the door.

"Get dressed now," he says calmly, but I can see fear in his eyes. I rush to the closet and grab the first dress I find. I open a drawer and find a bra and panties, dressing faster than I ever have in my life. I put on some flats and run back out, but Christian is gone. I hurry outside of our bedroom and see him with Taylor. They are quietly talking and look serious. I hear the elevator chime and in comes Sawyer, tailed by Ryan. They look just as serious as Taylor and Christian when they reach them. I don't know what else to do but stand in our bedroom doorway, watching them talk. Christian suddenly looks behind him and his eyes meet mine. He gives a small smile and beckons me over. I walk slowly, unsure if I want to know what is happening. Christian reaches his arm out and wraps it around my shoulders, bringing me close to him. Why are they just standing here?

"The service entrance has been blocked, Sir," Ryan says to Christian, who nods. Service entrance? What is happening? I give Christian a questioning look but he ignores it.

"The alarms will turn off in a minute, Ana. Everything is okay. Go back to the bedroom," Christian gives a reassuring smile. I stand there puzzled for a few more seconds before I feel my feet moving towards our room. I sit on the bed as soon as I enter and go over what just happened. Why did the alarms go off? What was at the service entrance? What is Christian talking about with the others? These thoughts consume my head, giving me a headache. Christian looked so calm after he had talked to Taylor, which is a good sign, but something is definitely wrong.