Chapter One

I have never been in such a place. The grass is tall and the trees full. Daffodils coat the meadow, and the sky is a brilliant blue. I lift my head to feel the sun on my cheeks, but I feel a tug on the hem of my shirt. I spin around and find a small, copper-headed boy holding an old, dirty blanket. His eyes are grey and utterly beautiful. His body shows signs of dehydration and hunger while bruises cover his visible skin. My heart instantly melts, wanting to love this child forever and always. I reach out to hold him, but he vanishes, and the meadow slowly disappears.

"Ana?" Christian whispers in the dark, shaking me. I open my eyes, startled and upset that my dream has ended. I glance at the clock. It's only 3:00 am. I turn back to Christian, who is looking anxious and concerned.

"Were you having a bad dream?" He asks.

"Kind of," I reply, snuggling into him, breathing in his heavenly scent.

"Wanna talk about it?" He questions me, burying his face in my hair.

"Maybe in the morning," I mumble, ready to go back to sleep. He wraps his arms around me and within seconds I am lost in another dream with the small, copper-headed boy.

~

"Rise and shine, Mrs. Grey," Christian whispers in my ear. I open my eyes to find Christian wearing a sharp navy suit and crisp white shirt, my favorite tie wrapped around his neck. The CEO is back.

"I have an early meeting, but I wanted to say bye before I left," he says, diligently watching me. I begin to sit up, but am instantly seized by pain in my ribs. I wince, and Christian instantly helps me up, giving me a disapproving look.

"You should really stay in bed today, Ana. You've been through a lot. I need my wife healthy and strong again, especially with our newest addition," he says warily, reaching out to caress my belly, the one holding my little blip.

"Good point well made, Mr. Grey," I mutter. "I need breakfast though, and I refuse to have Mrs. Jones serve me in bed."

"Very well, but as soon as you have finished, back to bed for you. I should only be gone for a few hours. After my meeting, I have a few matters to attend to, and then I will be home."

"Good," I reply. "I'll miss you." I stand up on my tiptoes to give him a swift kiss, but am overwhelmed with a sense of desire and grab his hair, deepening the kiss. Christian groans and holds me away, breathless like me.

"Not now," he says, placing his thumb on the bottom of my lip. "You're too delicate," he whispers. I begin to pout, making him grin.

"Why, Mrs. Grey, you are a demanding little thing," he laughs. I swat him away, giggling.

"Go to work," I scold.

"You better be in bed when I get back," he demands with a twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"Yes Sir," I retort.

"I love you," he says seriously, gazing into my eyes.

"I love you too," I murmur, giving him one last kiss. He smiles at me, bends to kiss my swollen belly, and is gone, leaving me alone and pregnant in our bedroom. I touch my stomach with both my hands and smile.

"You hear that, little Blip? Daddy loves us."