Chapter Six

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Christian asks, wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me against him.

"Christian, you have to go into the office. I don't need babysitting."

"Well I think you do," he smirks, kissing the top of my head.

"Go!" I laugh and push him towards the elevator. We've been standing here for five minutes bickering about work. He smiles and steps into the elevator.

"I love you," I call to him.

"I love you more," he winks before the doors close. Well now what? I should have thought of things to do earlier because I really don't feel like brainstorming now. I walk towards the kitchen and grab my phone on the counter. Kate answers on the second ring.

"Ana!" She yells enthusiastically, causing me to move the phone away from my ear.

"Oh my gosh I've missed you! How are you feeling? How's the baby? Has Christian been staying home with you? I don't think it's good for you to be-"

"Kate I'm fine!" I laugh, loving how protective my best friend is. "Christian went into the office today but I promise I'm okay." We chat for thirty minutes, catching up. I haven't seen her for two weeks and I already feel behind in her life. She tells me about her wedding planner and how great her ideas for the wedding is.

"Ana it's going to be amazing. I'm so excited, but incredibly nervous," she admits, which shocks me. A nervous Katherine Kavanagh is rare.

"Kate you're going to have an extraordinary wedding. You'll make a beautiful bride and I know Elliot is head over heels so stop worrying!" We talk for a few more minutes and then say our goodbyes, Kate feeling more confident about her wedding. I walk to the bedroom and straight to the bathroom, starting to feel nauseous. So far in the pregnancy I haven't had bad morning sickness, but occasionally I make a trip to the bathroom after breakfast. I kneel down in front of the toilet and release what my stomach refuses to digest. I hate vomiting. It makes me feel gross and dirty. I stand up and flush the toilet, not wanting the contents of my breakfast to be in sight anymore. I strip off my clothes and start a shower, wanting to relax and feel clean again. The water is a perfect temperature and I just stand there, enjoying the warmth and comfort I feel right now. My mind goes back to last night when Christian finally made love to me after weeks. I close my eyes and picture his mouth on mine, full of passion and love. His hands were soft against my skin and the mere thought of him naked sends shivers down my back. How did I get so lucky? I stay in the shower for another ten minutes and finally get out, feeling nice and fresh. I wrap a towel around me and walk out of the bathroom only to stop in my tracks. Christian is laying shirtless on our bed staring at me, a smirk playing at his lips.

"What are you doing home?" I ask incredulously, definitely not expecting this sexy man to be in our bed right now. "You were supposed to go to the office!"

"I did go to the office," Christian replies smoothly, "But I got bored so decided to come home to my beautiful wife." I roll my eyes at this and sit next to him.

"You annoy me," I laugh, knowing the only reason Christian is here is because he doesn't want me alone. Mrs. Jones is off for the day, leaving me by myself.

"No I don't," he teases, tugging at my towel so that it falls off my arms and leaves my breasts exposed. I gasp and cover myself, not welcoming the breeze that hits my bare skin.

"Christian!" I scold, lifting the towel back up. He laughs and sits up so that we are face to face.

"I love you," he says quietly, leaning into me and placing his lips softly on mine. I lean forward more so that our bodies touch. He takes in a sharp intake as my towel falls down again and my bare breasts are pushed against his chest. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss, slipping my tongue into his mouth. He moans softly and pulls me to his lap, making me straddle him. I wrap my legs tightly around his waist as my hands make their way to his soft hair. He places his hands on my hips as he moves his mouth down my neck, leaving a trail of kisses in his wake.

"Christian," I moan, wanting him to touch my sweet, wet spot. It's like he can read my mind because he moves his hand down and cups my sex, getting another moan out of me. Just as he sinks a finger inside me, the fire alarm goes off.