Chapter Twenty-Six

Christian's P.O.V.

"What's eating at ya, Christian," Ros questions, taking another sip of her coffee. We're in my office discussing our Darfur initiatives and where we're at with our shipments. Our meeting has been nothing but frustrating. Sudan is hammering us hard for money in order to get our supplies past their borders.

"Nothing," I mumble, analyzing the papers in front of me. I hear her sigh and suddenly, her hand grabs mine, something she has never done before. I look up at her with what I'm sure is a shocked expression.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm worried about you, Christian. What's going on? Is it Ana? Is the baby okay?"

I let out a breath and shake my head.

"Ana and the baby are fine. It's that fucker Hyde. I can't find him," I tell her, squeezing my eyes shut to keep the anger at bay. Every time I think of him I want to fucking rip his heart out for what he did to my wife.

"What do you mean you can't find him? Isn't he in jail?" Ros asks quietly, letting go of my hand.

"He got out. I have people looking for him but they've come back empty handed. I can't sleep knowing he's out there," I admit to her. She gives me a sympathetic look and scoots her chair closer to my desk.

"You need to have some faith in the people who are looking for him. It takes time to track people down, Christian. He could be anywhere after all!"

The sad thing is that I know he's still here, in Seattle. I know I saw him the other day with that horrible excuse of a disguise. But I don't tell Ros that. I simply nod and give her a small smile.

"Thanks Ros," I tell her. She smiles and stands, grabbing her papers.

"Hope I helped. I'll call you tomorrow after I talk with the Sudanese representatives," she says, and quickly exits my office.

I slump down in my chair and turn to face downtown Seattle. The city is breathtaking. I sit there staring off into the cloudy sky when I hear a chime come from my computer. I swivel my chair around and find an email from Ana. I smile as soon as I see the subject line.

________________________
From: Anastasia Grey
Subject: I'm Fat Christian
Date: February 4th 2012 13:46
To: Christian Grey

My Dear Husband,
I am bloated as ever, yet I want to eat everything in our fridge! The struggles of being pregnant. When shall I expect you home? Blip and I miss you.

Your loving and fat wife,
Ana

I can't help but laugh. This is one of the many reasons why I love her. Even when I'm in a bad mood, she brightens my day. I send her a quick response and tell her I'll be home by four o'clock. I resume reading the stack of papers Ros gave me and lose track of time because when I next look up, it's 3:45.

I stand up and put the papers back in their folder, placing them neatly in my briefcase. Right when I cross my office and reach for the door handle, my computer chimes. I sigh and turn around, walking back to my desk. I plop down in my chair and open my email.

________________________
From: Elena Lincoln
Subject: (No Subject)
Date: February 4th 2012 15:48
To: Christian Grey

You left your jacket at my house

XOXO

Elena Lincoln
ESCLAVA
For the Beauty That is You