Home At Last

I went from place to place never settling for long. Everywhere I went people would find my marks and shut the doors. My only refuge was the sky. Many nights I spent stargazing, hoping, wishing, praying, that I'd find a home soon. What would have happened if I didn't find that town when I did? Where would I be now?

-Sage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped into a another town soon after I turned 10. I didn't have much hope but I thought I might be able to get a job for a little while. The money Noax gave me was long gone so I had to take odd jobs here and there. I was lucky I looked older than I was, otherwise I never would have been hired and made it this far. The town I was in was named Silven. It was a mining town that used to mine silver. Now it only really mines coal and copper, but you'll find silver every now and then. It also had a factory so I was sure I could find work somewhere. I don't know if it was my magic but I've gotten stronger too. My magic has changed too, not only do I have Ink-magic but I have Starlight-magic too. Now I can light up the night and even light fires if I try hard enough.

The town itself was quite pretty for a mining town. Trees and flowers stood outside buildings and a small river ran past. It was pleasant even with the mountain looming over it. It wasn't empty either, people were walking around and some even smiled at me.

I walked quickly to the minesight not looking at the town's people. There was no point in making friends before I knew if I was staying. It was near noon so someone should be there and I can ask them if I can work down there. If they say no then I'll have to try at the factory but I'd rather not work there.

"Hey kid what are you doing?" A voice yelled from above making me jump. A machinc is working the lift and looking down at me. Her dirty blond hair was pulled back in a ponytail and covered with a bandana. Her blue eyes stared down at me.

"I'm looking for the person in charge." I replied standing strong "Do you know where I can find them?"

"Yeah I do" She said jumping down and landing in front of me. "You're looking at her"

"Oh okay" I said looking up at her now. She stood about 4 inches above which isn't really that surprising since I'm about 5'9

"So what do you want, kid?" She said tilting her head

"I would like a job" I replied "Do you have any openings?"

"What makes you think I want a kid like you working for me?" She asked

"Nothing. I just need a job and I've worked at a mine before" I said

"How old are you kid?" She asked "I don't employ underages"

"I'm 15" I lied

"Yeah?" The women said looking me up and down "Sure"

"Don't be so harsh Serin" Someone said from behind us. I turn my gaze to the voice. It was a boy who only just stood taller than me. He had a lazy grin on his face and his blond hair fell into his blue eyes. "You hired me when I was 9"

"That's a was a different situation" Serin said glaring at the boy "You needed a job to get by. I also didn't let you in the mine"

"Yeah but she's 15 isn't she?" He grinned at me and winked "And you need all the help you can get"

"Shut up Luka" She said glowering at him. He shrugs and smiles at her

"It's the truth though" He says slyly "And didn't you tell me to only tell the truth?"

"I swear one day Luka I will end you" Serin said

"You love me" He replied smirking

"Aren't you lucky that's true" She muttered "Fine you want a job kid!? Then be here tomorrow at dawn"