Head Over Heels For Heels Over Head

One of Brendon's favorite things about being in a relationship with Ryan was being alone with him. Ryan just wasn't the same person when he was surrounded by all his friends and admirers.

When they were out in public he was the Ryan Ross. Head of popularity in school. Social butterfly. Cocky, confident and cool. And Brendon loved that part of him too. He could own a place by just arriving. When he walked into the room the walls leaned in to listen. Because Ryan Ross was a big fucking deal. And everyone who was anyone knew that.

It wasn't like that when it was just the two of them though. He was no longer the Ryan Ross- infamous bad, playboy. He was just Ryan. And just Ryan wasn't a cocky, big guy. Yeah, he was a little sure of himself. He was still him but he wasn't. Just Ryan was more reserved. He stared off into space and had deep thoughts that he only shared when Brendon promised not to laugh. Just Ryan didn't wear the latest fashions and coolest hairstyle. He brushed his hair to the side and wrote t-shirts and jeans. Just Ryan was funny and loving and real. Brendon loved just Ryan.

But maybe Brendon wasn't just Brendon anymore. He felt the same but he also felt different. He was still the nerdy, smart, awkward boy at heart. But that side of him had began to go into hiding. He didn't work anymore so he spent all his free time doing whatever Ryan wanted. He didn't go to class as often as he should. Once maybe twice a week now. And he could hardly be considered Patrick's roommate anymore. The two hung out all the time. He was still his best friend. They were just never in the room at the same time because Brendon never went to their room.

He had enough clothes at Ryan's place. And he he ran out, Ryan would just buy him more. It was like the guy didn't believe in doing laundry or something. Brendon couldn't remember the last time he wore the same thing twice.

"Gee is throwing a party tonight." Ryan told him.

Brendon turned away from the TV he wasn't really watching. "What is with him and partying in the middle of the week?"

"He gets bored with school and need and break. Or so he says."

"Well, are we going?"

That was the way it always was. If one of them did something, they both did it. You never saw Ryan without Brendon and you never saw Brendon without Ryan. They were a two man gang.

"I don't know." Ryan reached out to grab Brendon. Pulling the shorter man into his lap. "I kind of wanted to spend the night with just you and I."

"What's this? The infamous Ryan Ross is passing up a party to spend quiet time? It's a fucking miracle!"

"Shh." Ryan leaned in to kiss him. "Just don't tell anyone."

**********

"Does Brendon even live here anymore?" Pete asked as he threw himself onto the missing man's bed.

"Sometimes." Patrick shrugged. Sitting on the edge of his own bed. "Get off of his bed."

"Why? He isn't come back tonight."

"How do you know?"

"Ryan told me they were skipping out on Gee's party to spend some quality time together."

"We should do that too."

"We can do whatever you want." Pete sat up to look at him. "Though I already know exactly what it is that you want to do."

"Oh yeah?" He lifted an eyebrow. "And what's that?"

"The same thing Brendon and Ryan are doing." He winked.