Here's Where The Party Went

Parties were Ryan's forte. They were his comfort zone. Especially Parties like this one. The laid back pool parties. The invitation only parties. These were the parties only for the people like him and his friends. The privileged youth. Because while everyone was still practically sucking Ryan's dick to be his friend, they weren't swarming him with the same desperation the others did. These people understood that hanging with Ryan meant instant popularity. But they also understood that Ryan didn't like being suffocated. So they kept their distance. Kind of.

"Do you like the playlist?" Gerard walked up wearing his tight, pink swim trunks.

"It's cool, Gee."

"Good. I chose a few of your favorite songs."

"I know that." Ryan reached over and lifted a red cup from the table. Sipping it without caring what was in it. He coughed. "You spiked these."

"Yeah."

"How much?"

"Not a lot."

"Bullshit." Ryan took another sip.

"So you're having fun?"

"What's this about, Gee?" Ryan took a bigger sip. The drink was fruity as hell.

"Where's my fucking cat, Ry?"

Ryan laughed. His drink spluttering from his mouth. He used the back of his hand to wipe it away.

"Do you want the money for it? Or do you want-"

"I want a fucking fluffy cat in my hands, Ryan." He placed his hands on his hips.

"I'll get it soon."

"How soon?"

"Soon. Soon."

"Patrick and Brendon just showed up." Pete said as he came to stand beside Ryan.

"Where?" He glanced around the back yard.

"They're still in the house."

"Why are we all standing here?" Jon ran up to his group of friends.

"We're not all standing here." Gee argued. "Andy's over there."

Andy was sitting a few feet away from them. He was always just a few feet away from Ryan. He was laid back in a sun chair. Some pretty, blonde girl was resting on his lap.

"You know what I mean. Are we discussing something?"

"Nope." Pete smirked. "Pretty boy has just arrived."

"Brendon?" Jon's brows furrowed at the nickname. Pete nodded.

Ryan knew the moment Brendon walked through those sliding glass doors. He stood out instantly. And not just because of the awful outfit he was wearing. Who the hell wears a white button up and black skinny jeans to a pool party? He looked like he was going to a job interview at Walmart. It wasn't like Ryan was judging him for not wearing swim trunks. He wasn't even wearing them. He had on a pair of black shorts, a grey shirt and his favorite headband. But he was pretty sure his outfit cost three times as much as Brendon's.

Aside from his volcanic apparel, he looked stunning. That's how Ryan knew it was him. No one else at this party besides Ryan himself could be considered stunning. Hot? A few. Cute? Maybe. Average? The majority. But not stunning. Not like this guy. He ran his hands through his thick, dark hair as he spoke to his friend. His large brown eyes lit with humor at his friend's response. And that smile? Holy fucking shit that smile. It made Ryan's stomach twist. He turned to the side, probably looking for a familiar face. Ryan's eyes landed on his perfectly rounded ass.