Gay Is Just A Synonym For Shitty

Brendon had never felt so embarrassed in his life. Why would Ryan say something like that? That wasn't the kind of guy he was. It made for an awkward finish to their day. Brendon barely spoke to him after that. He didn't even want to eat. He got Ryan to drop him off on campus and he ran out of the car without even saying goodbye. Now he was rushing towards his dorm to find comfort in his friend. He swung the door open and walked directly into a shirtless Pete Wentz.

"Sorry." They both muttered at the same time.

"Brendon, hey!" Pete smiled showing all his teeth. "Where's Ryan?"

"Home."

"What are you doing back so early? I thought you guys were spending the whole day together."

"Change of plans."

"Are you okay, dude?"

"I'm fine. Why would you ask that?"

"No reason." He lifted his hands in surrender. One of them was clsoed tightly around what Brendon assumed was his missing shirt. "I'll catch you later. He glanced over his shoulder into the room. "Bye, babe."

"Bye Pete!"

Brendon stepped aside to let Pete exit the room. When he walked in he saw Patrick lying on his side on his bed. Fully clothed. Thank god. Brendon closed and locked the door behind him. Walking over to sit on the edge of his own bed across from Patrick.

"Busy day?" He asked.

Patrick flushed scarlet. "You could say that."

"You guys had sex in here, didn't you?"

"No!" Patrick's voice rose an octave as the lie was spoken. And then he blushed again. "Yes."

"Ew." Brendon tossed himself backwards on the bed. "Couldn't you guys go to his place? He had his own place, you know!"

"I know. I know. But he was already over here. And it kind of just happened. One minute we were studying. The next minute I was pressed against the side of the wall-"

"TMI! TMI!" Brendon dramatically covered his hands over his ears. "It's some things I'm better off not knowing."

Patrick sat up in the bed. "So how was your day with the most important man in this school?"

"It was. . . okay."

"Just okay? Okay you say? After a Ryan Ross day? There's just no way!"

"Cut it out, Dr. Seuss." Brendon laughed. "It was good."

"What did you guys do?"

"He got my nails and toes did." He said in a bored tone. "And my hair. We went shopping at some fancy place." Brendon's voice began to sound strained as he went on. The feeling of embarrassment filling him again. Bringing tears to his eyes as he thought about the dressing room. "I tried on some things."

"Brendon, are you okay?"

"Yeah."

Patrick stood up to sit on Brendon's bed beside him. "Are you crying? Why are you crying? What did that bastard do to you?"

"Nothing. H-He didn't do anything."

"Did he take advantage of you? Did he-"

"I'm gay." Brendon cried out. Burying his face into the bed.

"What?"

"I'm gay, Patrick." His shoulders shook as he sobbed into the blankets.

"You don't seem so gay to me." He joked. "Quite the opposite actually."