Chapter 16

******WARNING!!!!!!!!!! THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF RATED R, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!******

VOTE PLEASEEEEE? *Cuteness*

Serena's point of view:

I managed to drag the comforter off me and fell out of bed. I noticed Zane wasn't in bed, or in the room for that matter. Where was he?

I walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Zane?" I called.

There was no response.

I looked around the house, yet there was no sign of him. Maybe he left to go get something? I decided to go check for his car.

Sure enough, it was there. Sitting on the steps below me was Zane. He was holding a freshly picked rose in his hands, mumbling incomprehensible words.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked.  It was early morning, the sun must've just risen. 

"I had a dream that troubled me. I couldn't fall back asleep." He replied with a soft voice.

"Well, would you like to tell me about it?" I questioned him.

He sighed.  "There was this little boy. He was sitting in the sand box at the park. He was playing with his friend and promised to come right back. The boy was gone for a while. His friend found him sitting under a tree on the other side of the park. When the kid's friend asked why he never returned, well, that's when I woke up," Zane explained.

"I think its got something to do with your parents, Zane."

"It can't be. It was just about two kids," Zane countered.

"Look at me," I said as I turned his head to me. "It was about you and your dad."

"What if I don't want it to be? What if it was just about two kids, meaningless? Relating to nothing. Totally random." Zane defended.

I sighed, clearly upset with his disagreement.

"Please, Zane. I need you to trust me on this one," I said as I lowered my voice for my last words. "You need to call your parents."

"Are you crazy? Never. I'm not doing that." Zane spat out, clearly annoyed with my failing persuasion.

"What do you want from me?" I argued. "I'm only trying to help you!"

He sighed and dropped the rose to the ground and stood up, rising above me. 

"Serena, I'll do it. I'm just warning you, things will only get worse." Zane explained as he walked inside, leaving me unsure and alone on the front steps.