Chapter 15

I yawned as I slowly untangled myself from a sleeping Serena. We had both fallen asleep during the movie. The dim light of the television flickered, casting a blue-ish gray hue over her.

She started to stretch as she returned a yawn and sat up on the sofa. 

"Hey," She stuttered, half asleep.

"Hey, I'll be upstairs," I replied as I turned away from her and walked up the stairs.

Serena's Point of View:

*************************

I watched Zane walk up the stairs and into the bathroom.

I rubbed my eyes and decided to use the downstairs bathroom. I got off the couch and slowly dragged myself through the kitchen and into the bathroom. With its off-white cabinets and fruity pink walls, the room gave off a certainly positive vibe.

I reached for my toothbrush and the toothpaste.  I ran the toothbrush under the cold water and squezzed the toothpaste onto it. As I brushed my teeth I watched my reflection in the mirror. I began to make funny faces. I couldn't help myself from smiling.

Sure, Zane wanted to stay here. I mean, why wouldn't he want to stay? I can understand that, but with all the drama going on and all recently, I think it might be best for us to go home. It has been nice spending some time in this carefree world, but the vacation's starting to end.

Zane's Point of View:

________________

I entered the master bathroom upstairs and prepared my toothbrush. It strange that it was the master bathroom, considering the downstairs bathroom had a bigger shower. Even the gray paint was beginning to chip off the walls. I'd better get to fixing that.  As I was brushing my teeth, thoughts began to flood my mind.

Everything was happening so fast. I'm not sure how to handle it all. The stress is just building up. The stress of having to be an adult. Living on my own, well, with Serena. It's so odd not having everything taken care of for you. At least my parents haven't cut off my credit card. Maybe they didn't realize I had it and have been using it this whole time. Well, someones going to have a fun bill to pay.

I spit and looked up at myself in the mirror. Was that really me in the reflection, or was it someone completely different? Did they think I was their reflection? Why am I even thinking about this?

I heard soft footsteps coming from the creaking stairs. I shot a glance in the mirror at Serena, now standing behind me.

"You ready for bed?" She asked. Her expression showed that innocent side of her I love to see.

"Almost. Go on, I'll meet up with you in a minute." I told her, with a small smile.

"Alright," She said and strode into our room and closed the door.

I looked at my not-so-fresh-anymore cutting scars. A crisp redish brown scab covered the insicion. They weren't the only cutting scars I had. I wasn't proud of them, but  I couldn't help it. Cutting was an addiction. Once you start, nothing else can de-stress you just the same. I was tempted to start again. I knew it was wrong, but I needed to!

I walked across the hallway to our room. As I opened the door, I noticed Serena standing in just her intimates, admiring her reflection in the floor length mirror on the wall.

She turned and saw me standing in the doorway. A cute blush spilled across her face.

"Don't mind me, "She giggled.

"Oh I won't," I winked at her and laughed. I walked over to my hamper and threw in my jeans and shirt.

I climbed on the bed and ajusted myself so I was comfertable. The bed creaked as it compensated for a change in weight. I felt the mattress shift position as Serena sat on the side opposite me. I laid back with my arms behind my head and sighed.

She leaned back on her side of the bed, leaving a momentary space between us before she crawled closer to me and rested her head on my chest.

"Zane," She pouted. "something's missing. Something between you and I."

I turned to look at her expression. I couldn't exactly read it. She had somewhere between a happy and a concerned look on her face.

"What would that be?" I questioned her.

"Something deep inside. Like an emotional connection, you know?"

"I thought, well, what would you call this then?" I shot a puzzzled look at her.

"This is an emotional connection, I suppose. I mean something deep inside. Like a soul connection." She continued. "I'm not sure if we're ment to be, if we don't have one."

"Test me then." I pushed.

"Huh? How do you want me to test you?" She wondered out loud.

"Like a soul connection. I want to prove to you that we have one."

"Alright." She thought for a moment, then added, "I'll believe you that we have one if I can see you love me for who I am, not what I am." She concluded.

"I can do that," I told her with a small laugh.  I reached over and laced my hand into hers. Without letting go, I turned on my side, facing away from her. This only pulled her closer to me. Unintentional, but an added bonus.

"Goodnight, sweetheart," I whispered to her. 

She made no audible response, but rather a soft sigh as she rested against me.

"Serena..." I whispered.

"Yes?" She awnsered.

"It's not working."

"What isn't?" She presented.

"This," I finished as I turned over quickly, sitting on top of her, pinning her hands above her head. She let out a small scream at first that quickly turned into a giggle.

I kissed her forehead, then pulled back to look her in the eyes.

"How do I know you love me for me?" I asked with a chuckle.

She shot me a look. One of those playful looks that just loves to say, "I'm up for a challange."

I growled at her a little, as a bit of a warning. 

She just licked her lips and the hungry passion showed in her blue eyes.

I crashed my lips down upon hers, my pulse increasing by the second. I couldn't run from it anymore. I needed her more than anything. I felt her hands snake their way around my neck as she began to play with the hairs at the nape of my neck. 

She made a sudden pull and I gasped, then pulled myself down towards her so our lips could meet again. I licked along her bottom lip until she opened her mouth and I deepned the kiss. When her breathing started to get shallow, I pulled away. I really, really, didn't want to. I had to have some self restraint, though. Besides, I was trying to make a point. 

She grabbed my shoulders and tried to pull me closer to her again, but I was too strong for her and remained hovering above her.

I laid back down in my previous spot and rolled onto my side.

"Now, for the last time. Goodnight, Serena." I told her as I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"I'll get you back for this, Zane Collins," Serena promised her revenge.

___________

Hey there!

So, I know It's short. Spare me!

My sleep schedule's been off lately so it's hard to find a time to write. 

You know what I mean!

So, what do you guys think of this whole 'soul connection' challenge between Serena and Zane?

Vote/Like/Comment?

(Puppy dog eyes) -Irrisistable pout-

:)

X