18. Results

I put my phone up to my ear as it rings.

"Hello?" I hear the voice on the other line say.

"Hunter. Do you have the results?" I say.

"Yeah, we're gonna have to talk in person", Hunter says.

"Okay, you can come over here."

"I'll be there soon. Love you Aubree."

"Love you too."

~

The knock at the door startles me. I get up and open it to see Hunter there. I pull him into a hug and tighten my grip. "I've missed you", I murmur.

"I missed you too", he says smiling, "But I need to talk to you...about Ray."

"Okay, let's sit in the living room."

We walk to the living room and sit down on the couch. "Aubree...I don't think Ray will ever be indestructible again."

"What did you find?" I ask him.

"Ray's mussels have produced some sort of chemical that broke down the radiation caused by his father's machine. Because of the chemical, if he tried to get it back, it would just break it down again."

"What about the power's you gave me and Henry?"

"It will break that down as well...I'm sorry Aubree. I'll tell him", he says.

"No...I want to tell him. He needs to hear it from me."

"Okay", Hunter says and gives me a hug. "I can't believe this happened."

~

It was dinner time and I set the table. I had made chicken alfredo with broccoli. I laid the pot of pasta on the table and yelled up the stairs that dinner was ready.

They all walked down and sat at the table.

"This smells great Bree", Henry says.

"Thank you. I try", I say smiling at him. I cough a little and look over to Ray as my smile falls. "Can I talk to you after dinner, Ray?"

"Yeah, of course", he says.

"Okay. Now let's eat!" I say.

~

"Well... Shit", Ray says.

"I'm so sorry Ray. I can't believe this happened to you", I say hugging him. He hugs me back and runs his hand through my hair.

"It's not your fault, Aubree. This was probably gonna happen no matter what", Ray sighs. "It's just time for me to retire."

"What about Captain Man?" I ask, "Swellview needs you."

"There will be a new Captain Man in town. Henry knows what to do. He can do it."

"Yeah, I believe in Henry", I smile, trying to lighten the mood.

A/N***I'm going to be skipping a few months. I really want to do a Christmas chapter. Would you guys like that? Also what do you guys think everyone would want for Christmas?