Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

(Strangeness begins)

"It's time." Hinata quietly said as she stood up from Naruto's lap.

Both had decided to take a quick nap and Naruto sat down on the toilet bowl, Hinata sat on Naruto's lap and both fell asleep for the next 30 minutes...

"Byakugan!" Hinata whispered as she activated her bloodline abilities.

She then observed her surroundings and saw there were no more guests, no signs of the ANBUs who were guarding them and definitely no clones. That means their clones are doing a good job of being their cover...

"Coast is clear, let's go." Hinata called out to Naruto who was washing his face at the sink.

"Alright coming!" he exclaimed as Hinata put a finger on her lips.

"Ssshhh!!!" she whisper yelled. "You'll alert the patrolling ANBUs!"

The blonde ninja bit his tongue and nodded as they both sneaked out.

Naruto immediately went into sage mode as when he was napping, he was half conscious and has already collected enough energy chakra to turn into sage mode.

Hinata first went past the portraits and she couldn't help feeling a shiver run throughout her body.

It seems that the eyes of the portraits were following her...

Otsutsuki eyes were a glowing iris of blue but Hinata can't help wondering why Toneri's eyes weren't like his ancestors.

His eyes were just the normal black colour...

"Right here." Naruto held her hand and led her to a narrow passageway that was actually difficult to spot..

They came to a dead end and Naruto looked around the room before noticing that in the center of the wall, there's a lot of handprints there...

Hinata saw it too and they both looked at each other as Hinata pressed her hands against the wall, around the area where the handprints are...

Immediately the wall creaked open... It was a secret door!

Hinata gasped and Naruto held her hand to comfort her, which she squeezed back in appreciation.

Hinata stepped into the secret opening first then started to pick up the pace of walking as she looked around.

Both ninjas can sense and see pure chakra only in the darkness so it didn't really pose as a problem for the couple. However, Naruto frowned as he asked Hinata.

"Did you see a lot of people around here Hinata?" he asked as the bluenette shook her head.

"No. But I can see and sense there's a lot of chakra around here... Means there are people here..." Hinata trailed off as she continued walking about.

"That's what I thought but isn't it too quiet for a place where there's supposed to be a lot of people?" Naruto whispered and suddenly an idea struck Hinata.

"Naruto, use your rasengan. The light from the chakra will act as our light." Hinata instructed and Naruto nodded as he activated his rasengan, giving off a glowing blue light.

"Do you want the Kyubi rasengan instead? It'll be like fire..." Naruto began but Hinata shook her head.

"No. I don't want you to waste your chakra maintaining the Kyubi rasengan since we're going to be walking around with it." Hinata stated and when she turned around, her jaw dropped.

(Strangeness ends)

(Yogensha begins)

Naruto's eyes bulged as they took in their surroundings.