TWENTY-ONE

As the sun glowed through my pale curtains, my eyes fluttered to the smell of food. Stretching, I faced the wooden stand next to the bed. A bowl of soup, and a glass of water reflected Lance's early work. He must had woken up extremely early to get it all ready. At the side there was even a plastic sealed container of cookies.

Did he go out to town while I was sleeping, too?

I didn't remember when exactly I had knocked out, but the memories of last night were fresh. As I sat up, my eyes saw tiny specks of blood glistening like jewels in the pores on my arms. Last night, due to the little amount of light, I hadn't been able to wash off completely before returning home.

"Home," I repeated, then balled up my fists. "No, not here."

With fingers tapping my lips, I eye the food. I was hungry, my stomach was hollow, and at this point I did feel safe eating whatever he gave me. The time I had been here, the food hadn't seemed to damage anything in me. I scooped the bowl up, and began eating.

He showed up with a blue, light hoodie while I sat trying to break through the tin's wrapper. Once I noticed him, my actions stopped, and he wet his lips quickly before smiling at me. Pulling out a Swiss knife, he walked over then sat next to me.

"Here," he said while cutting a slit on the wrap. Then with my hands still on the top, he twisted it open after removing the plastic.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." His eyes shimmered, and then another smirk slowly appeared when I offered a cookie. "Why share with me?"

With the golden cookie still near his lips, I furrow my brows before answering. "It's...I always, I just always..."

I always shared my snacks with someone. My lips hurt as I wanted to say a name, but my head began to pulse as I remembered him. Kyle's memory was hurting me, but I needed it alive to keep me going. Shutting my eyes, I tried to make the thumping stop. When I opened my eyes again, Lance's lips rubbed my fingers as he took in the cookie.

His expression never changed as he munched it; the curled corner of his mouth made me know to return a smile back.

"Did you go into town?" I asked while nibbling on my own little snack. He nodded and looked at the ceiling. The bottom of his neck showed blue, and quickly I shot my hand to it.

"This wasn't here before," I stated as his hand smacked over mine seconds before I touched him. He held it there as I searched his eyes for an answer. "Did someone hit you while you were there?"

Scoffing away my question, he moved my hand to his lips, then kissed my knuckles. "You're too good to me, you know."

Staring into his face had me drifting again. He slowly let my hand fall back on the bed, then headed out. He muttered that my skin tasted better than any treat while I sat with my eyes plastered on the assorted cookies.

This heart of mine couldn't stop, and it annoyed me that my body would try and convince me that it was natural to be attracted to a young, handsome, strong...male.

It's my vagina speaking, clearly. I rolled my eyes as it reminded me of the last real time I enjoyed sex. My last boyfriend was also my first, and as you can see, it didn't last. Foolishly I had thought it was love the night I finally said I love you. He took what he wanted, then grew bored of it, and found it in another's bed.

"I am going to kick his ass!" Kyle's voice screamed in my mind while I sat still with my arms crossed. He did, I remember the night Kyle ran up to him, and busted his face.