Chapter ten

Waking up in a haze and a tired state was all Andrea ever knew, however this time it felt different. Andreas eyes had fluttered open, her covers pulled up to her nose isolating herself away from the cold. She brought her hand up to her eyes and rubbed them eagerly in attempt to wipe the sleep from them. She had let out a huge sigh, aware of the distressed feeling that had now erupted within her stomach.

The disheartening feeling only came to Andrea when she was feeling more alone then ever. It seemed that this was one of those times. Although Andrea found comfort in being alone, she also felt the suffocation of being alone in times like this, when her head was heavy with her thoughts and her eyes were restless and faded along with the rest of her happiness.

It was a side to Andrea that nobody had seen; she was too embarrassed to say the least. Anxiety swam within the pit of her stomach as she stayed still in her bed. Sleep was almost Andreas best friend; it was the only thing that kept her from drifting off into sadness and overthinking which almost came natural to Andrea most days. Sometimes, Ella Mae or Maggie were able to pull her out of these distressing feelings, but Ella was on holiday and Maggie was- well- Maggie. Probably suffering from a hangover, or getting drunk.

So she turned to him. The boy she had grew so accustomed to, the boy that she didn't even know- but she found happiness in him. She found hope in a conceited asshole. The thought itself was impulsive.

Andrea: hi, Jai.

Jai: hi dreeee

Andrea: are you busy?

Jai: I always make time for you

Andrea: Don't beg it

Jai: you love it

Andrea: hardly

Jai: Ofc Andrea. Anyway, what's up?

Andrea: FaceTime?

Jai: seriously???

Andrea: no, I'm just asking for the heck of it. Yes of course FaceTime you fucking dick head

Jai: woaaaaah somebody's in a mooood

Andrea: so no?

Jai: nO wait YEs HOLD ON

Andrea: calm down m8 you sound desperate

Jai: I'm always desperate for you

Andrea: you irritate me so much

Jai: I know

Andrea: okay?

Jai: this ain't no the fault in our galaxies crap

Andrea: jAI

But Jai didn't reply, instead the shrill ring of Andreas FaceTime rang and Andrea stared in disbelief at her phone screen. Of course she had wanted to video chat Jai, but the sudden realisation hit her that Jai would see and hear her all in one go. That terrified her. What if he didn't like her? What if he thought she was ugly? What if he regretted even asking for her kik? The what ifs failed to disappear but through hesitation, Andrea accepted the call and soon enough, her camera was connecting and so was Jai's.