chapter seven

Besides the fact that Andrea's phone bill was going to be an extra pain to pay this month, things were going good. Almost too good.

She wrapped herself in a knitted grey scarf after slipping on her buttoned coat and thick gloves. Andrea took winter very seriously, and she hated feeling the cold; hence the reason why she was always huddled up in her bed covers, guarded from the cold.

When Andrea wasn't busy with being lazy, or being dragged off to random parties that she didn't wish to go to, she actually had a life. Well, that is if you called working at a cafe a life. But Andrea seemed to enjoy it, and it was the only place she could socialise with people properly, since she left college last September.

She had to make money somehow, and the cafe seemed to offer more then enough for Andrea to pay off her small flat.

It also helped Andrea to fill up her 'jar of adventure' with money, which was only to be used when she really wanted to visit a place. Her father had given her the jar when she was just ten years old, and ever since she would put all of her pocket money and tips into there. Even though her parents weren't around anymore, she managed just fine on her own.

She exited the house to be welcomed by the winter air. If anybody knew Andrea well enough, they would know that herself and winter just do not get along. It generally put Andrea into a foul mood, but not today.

Andrea stepped over the cracks of the pavement with her black laced boots, smiling as she accomplished stepping over each one. After five minutes  of walking, her cheeks were a ghostly pale colour with no sign of her usual pink tinted blush and her lips were a shade of blue and purple, indicating that the cold had fought its way through her layers of heat.

She sped up her walking and eventually she saw the familiar outline of the cafe she had grown to love. She paced towards the door, eventually wrapping her gloves around the door handle and swinging the door opened to be welcomed by the familiar scent of baked cookies and coffee. She heated up almost immediately as she stepped inside of the cafe.

"Andrea! Nice to see you actually show up for once, eh?" Andreas facial expression washed over with guilt as she turned towards her boss, Alex. She was surprised to see his face was lit up with a warm and amused smile, revealing his almost too perfect teeth.

Andrea hadn't been able to go to work lately, due to getting up late and being stuck in a phase of laziness. She blamed it on Ella-Mae's lack of presence, since she was always the one to wake her up in the mornings. But since Ella was on holiday, Andrea was struggling. Not to mention she now had Jai, who constantly distracted her from reality.

She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, a ghost of a smile forming on her lips. "Uh, sorry Alex, I've been sick?" She stated, almost questionably. Alex didn't seem convinced either, judging by his intense gaze with his piercing blue eyes, and his stupid but attractive smirk.

Alex was by far the most attractive human being Andrea knew, with his drool worthy smile and his tanned skin that he was blessed with. Not forgetting his most well known trademark, his blue eyes that resembled the ocean in Andrea's own dull brown eyes. God bless his parents genes.

However, she could never try anything with him due to the fact that he was her boss. But also not forgetting the small, minor detail that he was actually, most definitely, exceptionally gay. So the odds weren't really in Andrea's favour.

"Just get to work, Drea," Alex rolled his perfect eyes and turned around, walking back towards the till. "Uh, what am I doing today?" Andrea asked, confusion settling within her. "Cleaning!" He shouted, since he was now on the other side of the room. She groaned in frustration. According to Andrea, it was clearly karma because of the fact that she called in sick twice this week.

Andrea made her way over to the staff room, greeting all her co workers who she didn't really wish to socialise with to be perfectly honest. She wasn't a social person, the only people she enjoyed talking to was Ella-Mae, Maggie and occasionally Alex. Also Jai, he was now an exception. Andrea hardly knew the people working here, even though she had been here for a little under six months. But it wasn't really Andreas fault that her parents were assholes who avoided everyone at all costs- which made her unaware of how to act around human beings.

She grabbed her apron, a cloth and some spray. Time to have a great five hours of cleaning up people's mess. Hopefully Andrea was not as unfortunate as last month, where she had to physically get down on her hands and knees to clean up a five year olds chicken nugget puke. It wasn't pretty, and she didn't smell pretty after it either.

It wasn't long until the cafe had crowded up with people. It was 3pm, and Andrea was able to leave in another hour.

"Hey, cleaner girl! Do your job and clean our table, will you?" A chorus of snickers and shouts followed after the incredibly rude comment that was made from a strangely familiar voice. Andrea froze in shock and anger and stopped cleaning the empty table before turning around to greet the person with her own witty remark. Well, that was originally the plan.

"Oh! It's the prude." The same familiar voice had called over in recognition, and that's when Andrea matched the face to the voice. It was Bradon the one who attempted to hook up with her at the party with Maggie.

The flashbacks hit Andrea in a sudden impact, and her eyes widened as she shook with what could've been anger- or fright. Her hand reached over to her neck, rubbing her palm over the bruises he managed to leave before Andreas escape. It was safe to say, the scene that was unfolding could only end up going in one direction- downhill.