Chapter 4

~ Feyre ~

Immediately after the shadows had drifted off our bodies, I quickly whipped my hand off of Rhysand's arm and turned to where Lucien was standing, staring at Rhys in confusion had thinly veiled fury.

He stormed up to me and Rhysand and roughly grabbed my arm before pulling me behind his back defensively. Rhys, now leaning against the tree at the end of the forest, polishing his nails with a blade, made no move to stop him. I sighed.

"Luce, I have to go, we both know it. Tam isn't here?" I asked it as a question  despite knowing it was a fact.
"No, but Feyre, he will kill me if he finds out I let you be taken!" He cast another suspicious glance to Rhys. It annoyed me that his first concern was the repercussions on himself, so I told him so.
"You know what I mean, Feyre! You are so important to everyone at this Court. Going with him isn't an option, no one knows his true motives behind taking you and we are not going to put your life on the line!"

I knew that he had a point, and although I wanted a change, I didn't want to risk myself either. But call me naive, I didn't think that Rhys threatened my life. My thoughts weren't influenced by him - that had a noticeable sensation and he just wouldn't - but I could hear some of the thoughts running through his head, mostly moaning that Lucien was grasping at straws.

Rhys' eyes glances up from the knife polishing his nails and locked onto mine.
Stay out of my head, Sweetheart.
I ignore his voice in my head because I didn't know what he was on about.
Feyre, you were pulling along the bond into my head. Please shut him up now.
Hmm, well if that was true it would be problematic. But he had a point about Lucien who had been talking throughout these revelations and it wasn't a battle he could win. Rhys wouldn't be dissuaded and I had accepted that like Lucien needed to. And Tamlin when he finds out I'd be taken.

I don't know what Tamlin will do and that scares me. I know that what will bother him the most though is that it's Rhysand. I wish I knew why they hated each other so much, even before Amarantha took over...

"Lucien. Calm down. I'm going to be fine. I can handle myself." Lucien is taken aback at the firmness in my voice. He speaks to me softly although he would a young child;
"Feyre, you're still recovering, we are here to take care of you."
"I don't have a choice anyway, I made the deal, there's no point arguing."
Lucien turned to stare Rhysand directly in the eye.
"What else do you want?" He doesn't hide his desperation. Rhys' eyes swiftly travel down then back up my body. What the hell, Rhys, you're not helping your case, I tell him through the bond, nevertheless shivering under his glance. Lucien doesn't comment.
"Nothing. I want her." Rhys replies, not moving his yes from mine.

He says it so simply it's factual. He wants me. There's no part of me that is surprised that he wouldn't barter for something more. There is no part of me that is repelled that I will go. I'm nervous, yes. But not out of fear, peculiarly.

Rhys, his eyes still locked on mine, is smiling faintly, different from his usual smirk. Can he hear my thoughts? I know, as I do, that he hasn't influenced them. But if he's been listening in, I'm going to kick his ass. Even with my unadjusted fae senses. His smile turns into a full blown grin. My eyes narrow but I tilt my head curiously observing the change the smile brought to his features. He is perfect anyway but the grin makes him look almost carefree. My eyes widen a little at what I can only describe as an experience, in front of me.

"Enough goodbyes. We're leaving. Wish your master well from us." Rhys says happily and proceeds to reappear right behind me, wraps his arms around my waist and pull us once more through the shadows before I can blink an eye.

Hiya, this is so fun I feel so powerful controlling these characters! Anything could happen.
What is hardest for me is tenses (past/present) so if you see any mistakes please comment! I love comments, when I get one I have a mini rave! Also, do you think I'm moving Rhys/Feyre along too fast? I'm trying to be subtle but I don't think it's working. She's definitely in the Night Court next chapter, I can't wait!

I'll try to update soon, thanks for reading! Xxx