Chapter 35

Mia’s Pov:

I get up off my hotel bed exhausted because of my flight from a few hours ago. I arrived in California at 4 in the morning and headed straight to my hotel room in Oceanside where my grandmother resides at. I look over at the time and it says 10:12 in the morning and now it’s time for me to get ready.

I wonder if my grandma would be happy to see me. I didn’t call her to let her know that I am coming because I would be speechless on the phone. I figure meeting her face to face would be best. I just hope she doesn’t turn me away for ignoring her all these years. It wasn’t my fault that I never knew she was trying to get a hold of me all this time and I hope she understands.

I look in the mirror and see that my eyes are super puffy from all of the crying I did. I cried my whole flight here and I cried myself to sleep thinking about Johnny. I miss him so much already and I’m sure by this time now he has to know that I left.

I contemplate about calling Johnny, but I know I shouldn’t. This is my decision after all to let him go and I need to give him time to settle it all in.  A tear drops falls on to the sink and I gently wipe it away and get a hold of myself. I can’t go meeting my grandma looking like this.

I slowly open the shower curtain and turned on the water. As I hopped in the shower, my tears started falling again because I can feel a massive pain hitting my chest. I love Johnny so much and I never thought that it would come down to this. I slowly sat myself down into a ball and let the water hit me as I sob to myself all alone.

When Johnny and I first parted for the few months, I was completely devastated. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep, hell I couldn’t even think straight. This is crushing me ten times harder, but this was a decision I needed to stand by.

After my melt down for what seems like eternity, I finally got myself together and took a shower like I had planned on. Wrapping myself in a towel, I headed to the bedroom and grab a few clothes to change into. It’s beautiful out in this Oceanside weather so there’s no need to layer myself in clothing.

Once I fully dried my hair and dabbed on a few makeup so I can look a little decent and hide my puffy eyes, I map quested my grandmothers address on my laptop. She doesn’t live too far from where I am staying so it won’t be to long until I reunite with her.

Out of nowhere I suddenly felt nervous about meeting her. This is a lady who is related to me that I haven’t seen in 19 years. As a matter of fact, I don’t even know what she looks like. I never saw a picture of her and I don’t ever recall hearing her name. I just hope this reunion doesn’t come back to bite me in the ass.

I grab my bag along with her address and made my way down to where the cab is. I handed the driver the direction and he knew instantly where he was going. The driver seems to be in his 60’s or so, but look as healthy as a horse

“So you’re going to Rosa’s?” he asked looking at me in the rearview mirror

“Uh yes” I answered awkwardly

“Are you a friend of the family?”

“Something like that. You know Rosa?”

“Of course I do, everybody in Oceanside does”

“What is she like?”

“Oh she’s a fine and kind woman, always helping others before herself. We have been friends for a very long time so I know her quite well. And how do you know Rosa?”

I didn’t know what to say! Should I tell him in her long lost granddaughter from her decease daughter? He waited for my reply so I knew I had to hurry up and say something… “It’s a long story” I said blankly. He just gave a smile and left the question alone