Chapter 2

Hiya!! This is chapter two (clearly) to my 'fairytale' about Alesana's lead singer Shawn Milke!! Hope everyone likes this chapter!

*****************************************************************************

 'Shadows dance around me as I race alone.'

Always alone, no love just my days watching him and his love. I hate that its not me. Even if it never will be me, he still deserves so much better and so much more...

"Shawn! Mia's here!" I hear Jeremy shout from the front door. Oh joy of all joys! She's here! The thought flows through me full of venom. Mia is Shawn's soon to be wife and we have hated each other for the last few years I have lived here. I have no clue why she should hate me, she already had everything I wanted, maybe its because I know her dirty little secret. I know why I hate her though, I know with every bone in my body.

I was leaning on the kitchen counter having a Mountain Dew when she walked in giving me one of her fake smiles. I just raise an eyebrow at her, I am past trying with her. I don't know why she was acting nice because Shawn wasn't even in the room yet; she creeps me out sometimes. Right on cue Shawn runs up to her and embraces her like he hadn't seen her in three years, instead of three days. I was very happy for those three days just to let you know.

"Oh hey." She says breathlessly from his tight hug.

"Hey." He says pulling back so he could look at her. Everyone went out of the room because it sort of made them sick when they got all lovey dovey. Once it actually made me throw up and you would have thought Shane was going to die from laughing so hard when he found me sitting next to the toilet and asked why I was there. I shoved myself off the counter leaving my drink. I didn't want it, I felt like I might be sick again. I went into the den and flopped down on the plush gray couch, sighing.

I guess its true what they say about love being blind because you would have to be to not see past Mia's false persona. I knew her plan, she thought that the fact Shawn is the lead singer of a band that they would make it big and she would be making bank by being married to him, but her plan was very flawed because when is the last time you heard of a post- hardcore band making it really big? Alesana is an amazing band and I love them with all my heart, the boys are basically my brothers, but I have learned to never let my hopes get to high on things I wanted happening. It usually didn't work out. Like me and Shawn, do you see how well that went? He's getting married to someone that is pretty much by definition a gold digger. Yeah, so my PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) sucks. PMA is a thing that Shawn made up for the band saying they should always have a good out look on things. They all toke so much meaning to it that they each had it tattooed somewhere on their body. Shawn's was on his wrist, he made me get one when I joined them.

Oh, just to fill you in I'm like the an assistant to the band or really a co-manager. I make sure that everything goes correctly for shows. They don't really need me, but I think they just keep me around so they can bug me. Oh well, I'm happy here and there is no other life I would rather lead. I glance at my tiny tattoo of PMA on my left wrist. Shawn had literally drug me to the tattoo parlor to get it done and I can still remember that event very clearly.

                                                                                 ******

                                                                      *Two Years Back*

Do you know how weird it looks when a twenty eight year old man has to drag a seventeen year old girl around with him? Its bad.

"Ashley stop. It doesn't hurt that bad!" Shawn tells me, pulling me closer to him as I resist.

"Bullshit it doesn't! Its a needle stabbing me repeatedly!" I yell in panic, I have never done well with pain. His eyes narrowed when I said that, for some reason he hated it when I cussed, I tended to make him angry about that a lot, but I try not to most of the time. Some how he got a hold of my other hand and yanked me to him smacking my head against his chest, giving me the wonderful smell of his skin. He moved his hands from mine and put them on my upper arms holding me barely away from him.

"Sorry." He mumbles quietly.

I just nodded in response. My bangs got in my vision where I couldn't see him, I felt his fingertips touch my cheek and move the hair from my eyes. When I do finally see him I blush from the contact he had just made. His eyes, the same blue as mine its almost frightening look into mine so intensely I have to turn away.

His hand that is still on the side on my face, moves my chin till I am looking at him, "Do you honestly think that I would hurt you?"

"I...I don't know." I tell him honestly.

"Well I never will. Now you've got to trust me, okay?"

"Okay."

"Good." He smiles and hugs me. I, of course, hug him back grinning from ear to ear. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach come alive and my heart swells. I can't believe I get to work with Shawn Milke, my personal hero and obsession, sadly enough. He lets go of me, all but my right hand and we walk in together. Shockingly I'm not scared at all, but what's there to be afraid of when your one true love is by your side?

                                                         *Flashback Ends; Present Day*

Okay, I'll admit I was a little starstruck for the first year, but I got over it and it did hurt, the liar. I didn't care at the moment though, I was just happy he was touching me. He sat next to me as I was getting it done, rubbing my arm telling me that I was okay. Shawn just touching my arm made my whole body feel as if it was on fire, just that spot and nowhere else. My freaking arm!! I can't believe I let him have that much effect on me back then. Now days he could make a pass at me and it wouldn't effect me at all. I would punch him and he would laugh, end of story. We are weird friends like that.

Okay maybe it bothered me a little... but hey I'm a girl and he is an attractive guy, what can I do? Its perfectly normal. The next thing I know I hear a yelp,'Oh you've got to be kidding me! Whats with the...' I stop my thoughts of the worst when I see Mae, Shawn's adorable little dog hop on the couch and bark at me again. I scooped her up into my arms and began to scratch behind her ear.

"Hey Mae, Mae! How are you pretty girl?" I say to her in a cooing baby voice. She licks my hand and barks once more. Its funny sometimes I swear she tries to talk to me, stupid I know. Well, either way we continue our little game of 'talking' and I find myself feeling better than I had moments ago. Mae and Shawn are the only two things that can make me happy no matter what.

"Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?" A mocking voice comes from up the stairs and I immediately knew who it was.

"What do you want Mia?" I ask annoyed. Why did she show her true colors to only me? To be honest I am flattered to be the only one clued in on her horrible personality. She did it because she knew how angry it made me to know that when Shawn becomes her husband he will never leave her no matter how she acts, he's that kind of person. Which is one of the fifty million reasons I admire him so much.

"Nothing..." She says making a face of disgust, twirling her engagement ring around her finger making sure I could see it. I remember the first time I saw that ring, I remember thinking how beautiful it was and that it must have cost Shawn a fortune to buy it, how jealous I was. I also recall the secret I found out after they announced their engagement....

 ********************************************************************************************

OHHH CLIFFHANGER!!! Ha vote and comment please!!

Ak out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!